Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • concrete intrest , funds at the ready

8 50.00%
  • willing to smoke a CC for atleast one diode

8 50.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intrest in 635nm diodes....

Hey I knew at this size of a chip and power level....it wasn't going to be that small beam we like...collimation is ...well...as simple as it gets. I will try a telescope today and see what results from that. If 10 people want in on this I will get it set up. It is 1/2 watt of 635nm red. If not...then I will tell them the purchase is over and will not conclude. 10 pieces is enought to hopefully get a little break on...but I don't want to invest more until I see how things go with this. Call it a sample order. Let me know what you think...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

just a clarification, are you going to test a 100um emmiter, or the GB will be for the 250um one?

thanks for all the trouble and expenses with have been in, so far

If 10 diodes can be placed as an order...I will order 10 and only ten to start off with. This is for the original 100um strip at 500mw Po with FAC installed as described in the original post. The larger diode is one I have had for some years and wanted to see what was there to work with...but this is older tech as I baught it some 5 years ago. These diodes are less than half the chip width at 100um and should have much better profiles...but still a square beam. I will try and locate a better single lens solution for it...lower NA seems to collect and collimate it better. About every lens I have put into it's path does the job...some have a better result than others. The thing is that it may be a decent compromise still....even if a little is lost on the scanners. This is an excerpt from a reply.....

I just check, now our production department is busy now, so the delivery time is between 1 week and 2 weeks.

Regarding the lifetime, it must be more than 5k hours.

If you cooling system and work condition is very good, the 7-8k hours is no problem.

We will waiting for your formal PO.

Best regards

Bruce
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    Oh we'll thanks for trying, I wonder what lasever do with their reds to get. Results? ?
    The beams profile is good..but it is a large beam...pix on their website....http://www.lasever.com/LSR635NL.htm

There is a 2 lens setup for collimation...still looking for one lens...must be custom for them...other is PCX.

ME3 ---

I'm still in. I committed to you for one.

HMike

but what beam specs can we expect with the 100um emmitter, grin and a short FL aspheric ?

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    but what beam specs can we expect with the 100um emmitter, grin and a short FL aspheric ?
    You will not need a GRIN...hard to find one AR coated for red too. Plus you will need to collimate the beam down to less than the NA of the lens for it to work as designed angle of acceptance. The divergence of the beam off the FAC lens that is installed onto the diode is 8* x 8*. So a simple asphere will collimate it. If you remove the FAC...you will have no fun. You will be dealing with 8-10* x 42* at that point. I have gotten nice results with one lens and a chip two times larger than the width of this one. I guess the beam will depned upon lens choices and or combinations. I would expect to see near 4.5mm sq........divergence will a direct result of lens choice.. A lot of factors that effect both outcomes will be in the collimator.

ME3 --

I posted once about using a GRIN lens and then realized that it is too small to gather the beam. Other optics will be more useful.

HMike

The GB is open on another thread here for those of you who committed to buy.
    Just a head's up.

HMike

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    slope efficiency .96w/amp
    operating current 1.27 amps @ 2.2 vdc
    Simple math tells me that this is a little more than 500mW output.

Given the fact that the multi-emitter arrays have 19 diodes and have a rated output power of 20W, I have a suspicion these diodes can throw out a little more power than is on the sticker.

The 445's have little trouble pumping out a full Watt and they're rated for 0,5W as well. I'm curious to see what these guys do for power.

$280 for a single 0,5w red which hasn't been thoroughly tested wouldn't be on my agenda. $500 + optics etc. for a Watt of red is a different story...