Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixing RGB for white

Default Mixing RGB for white

I am fairly new to this, so please be gentle...

I found the great discussion on % color mix and have a red and green laser ready to go (still can't affort the blue). I have just purchased a couple of scanners and amps and will probably build the DAC (although the USB type has caught my eye).

So my question is, how does one mix the lasers to come up with a single (yellow for now) beam? Is there a special one way mirror used?

Any answers and sources would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Well, I just found Spec's post on dichroic mirrors. Looks like my question is answered fully there!

Sorry about the redundant post, still trying to get the terminology down.

Thanks!

Welcome to the fun!

If you need any technical questions answered, just post here on PL...

Welcome to the forum guy!

Were are like the old radio shack only we actually have answers.

Hi, Thanks for the warm welcome. Like I mentioned, I am really new to this, but seem to have been bitten by the same bug as many of you.

I have a few "toys" so far and am looking to upgrade as I go. My next goal is to be able to illuminate clouds with things like pumpkins and witches on Haloween and airial effects through the smoke on the 4th of July (yes, I am in the US).

I would love to pull together a multicolor solution, here is what I have so far:
    • ScanCat Galvos and amps
      120 mw green laser
      (2) BigDipper F-01

The ScanCat setup I got on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7376582615) please take a look and tell me, good or bad, what you think. I haven't received them yet, but am excited to get them.

I don't have a DAC yet, any suggestions there would be great. I am an Engineer so I am not afraid to pull something together, but don't really want to sit down and design it (I have 4 kids and time is tight).

I develop software for a living so I can help with any projects you have going, and am willing to share anything I come up with.

I would love to get my hands on an IR filter to test my Green Laser to see if I got what I paid for and not mostly IR. Any suggestions? I have a second hand Coherent laser meter so I have that covered.

By the way, I have a friend here who deals in surplus stuff and I was rumaging through his warehouse the other day and noticed a couple of Coherent 90s, a 70, and a 300. Not sure of the exact part numbers, but I know he will be looking to sell them if anyone is interristed. They are HUGE though.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I will be lurking around and asking questions as I understand more. I'll definatly want to get in on some of your "group buys"

Gordon

Hi there .

The scanners seems to be OK !
    I dont know so much about galvos :roll:

Nice that you can program a laserscan software for us haha
    I use popelscan that is a free software to control the galvo,
    it support MP3 and lasershow

but i wish i had something better........ :?

anyway... welcome and enjoy your stay

Thanks liteglow!

I understand popelscan is now released into the public domain. I saw the source for it somewhere. I'll eventually remember the link. Anyway, I think it is written in delphi, not my strongest language but I could port it over to Java or C# and see where it goes.

What are the things it does not do you wish it could?
    What operating system do most of you folks use?

You develop in C#? Let me know if you want to have a look at my program. Not the best programmed but if you want something to play with.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Hi

Popelscan is "perfect" for a freeware to be (thanx to Guido )

But I want more details, like creating 3D pictures\animation.
    And I want the software to play Music+shows after each other !
    So you dont need to play ONE show, and then use 1-3 min to Load a new show into the program !!

Anyway, popelscan is a great program but I`m NOT the best to draw pictures :roll: so I only use the one ppl have e-mailed me
    (Thanx to Søren from denmark that have e-mailed me ALOT of nice shows)

Quote Originally Posted by Groover
    You develop in C#? Let me know if you want to have a look at my program. Not the best programmed but if you want something to play with.
    Hi Groover,
    I would be happy to take a look. I am a complete novice at lasers and scanning systems, but maybe I can contribute (in the code line) as I come up to speed. :-)