Peace,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    It's nice to see that I still rate so prominently in your life, Bob

Thanks sugeek. However, as you can see, it is not really worth the effort

<Vegas Clap>

Peace,
    dave
    Great example of how this "professor of communication" communicates, and the extent of his creativity in dealing with legitimate criticism. The arrogant confidence in his "authorita" over the 17yo crowd from the isolation of an internet screen next to a soldering gun.

Question Perplexed. and a lot .....

IMHO, i see here:

1) offenses (most of them, gratuites)

2) some "let me try to revenge" posts (can't judge if with reason or not, i just call them as they appear)

3) some lack of solid proofs

Does anyone care to explain, with some solid proofs, to a poor stupid (me, perhaps ), why, instead start a collaboration, a forum is bashed so hard from another forum, when both basically involves the same arguments ? (lasers and laser safety) ?

Jealousy ? (i hope not)

Or there is something that really worth the effort to be freely disclosed ?

If so, i may be happy to know this, too

My 2 cents worth.

I joined both PL and LPF this year, as I finally had the money and time to build a laser projector, something I have wanted to do since the 80's when HeNe was very expensive and everything else was out of reach.

Initially and to be honest I still know very little about this field, but thanks mostly to the many threads here and the various resources available on the web (andy_con's site for example) I am learning fast.

Thanks also to the BG's here and at LPF, also people like dave here I have been able to slowly accumulate the various components for my build. I am an electronic engineer yet the optical side of this hobby/field is new to me and I find it fascinating and it provides me with endless hours of fascination and enjoyment as I experiment and discover the laws and methods of combining, mixing and manipulating coherent light. Lasers remain as fascinating as I found them as a young teenager and they drive my interest in a way that very few prior interests have before.

Yes, LPF is run by a less than perfect admin with little to no management or judgment skills, and for that reason alone I closed my account at LPF over a week ago. There is an awful lot of inexperienced laser users there, also a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people. It is a large mixing pot of laser enthusiasts. I have learn t as much there as I have here, the only difference being the amount of material not relevant to my particular interest that I had to wade through daily. In the end, the in-fighting, uneven moderation and general BS got too much for me.

Each to their own. I think you guys should look at LPF as a sacrificial anode so to speak....

PL is more refined and focused on projection, with an active participating user base that is both knowledgeable and experienced. For anyone looking to learn about projection this is the place to come IMHO. We should just be mindful that we will always have new members come here that are at the base of the learning curve. We should therefore offer them the same patience and open assistance that we once expected and sought. It is all too easy to present an arrogant and inpatient response when the less learned join and post questions.
    This space for rent.

I'm amazed at the pissing battles people can create due to some pixels on a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I'm amazed at the pissing battles people can create due to some pixels on a screen.
    It's a virtual reality gaming platform. The only exception, you get pissed off for real.
    This space for rent.

I love all of you. If anyone gets butt hurt from this thread, come to me and i'll coddle you.

*group hug*

15 ASCII's

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    *group hug*

15 ASCII's
    Thanks Flecom. I was close to feeling the love, then I spotted your shark with laser...
    This space for rent.