Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arctos, Lightwave Build World’s Largest Full-Color Laser - 66 Watts of full OPSL

Laser Warning Arctos, Lightwave Build World’s Largest Full-Color Laser - 66 Watts of full OPSL

Arctos Lasertechnik (Germany), Lightwave International (USA), and Coherent (USA) have constructed a record breaking full-color entertainment laser. The new laser system is based on OPS laser technology by Coherent and packs a whopping 66.2 Watts of full-color laser output. The beam profile is less than 3mm with less than 1mRad divergence, and packs an irradiance approaching 1000W/cm^2.

High powered OPS Lasers are following a steady power growth curve while retaining outstanding beam characteristics and continually offering new wavelengths for laser system integrators. This has allowed the developers of this system to create larger systems with an increasing density of light (irradiance) packed into the same beam. High power in a standard size beam allows the use of the same fast scanning systems that are used with standard beam sizes usually limited to smaller lasers. In many other high power approaches, the size of the beam increases as power increases. This reduces irradiance significantly and forces the use of larger scanner mirrors which in turn reduces maximum scan speed. This limited the traditional use of very high powered lasers to atmospheric effects or simple graphic projections.

This 66 Watt monster, using standard 6215 scanners, is capable of full-speed 60k graphics: the most powerful laser paintbrush available on the planet. Applications include massive outdoor and stadium events where the power of old flashlamp Yag systems is preferred, but the artistic expression of the designer demands more than monochrome pulsed green lasers. Massive projections of logos or images on skyscrapers, mountains, or well-behaved cloud surfaces will reach new levels of brightness and impact.
    The new laser system will be on display this weekend, October 22-24 at LDI 2010 in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to this system, the developers will also showcase the unique new 607nm Orange OPS laser, a 12W 445nm OEM diode source with outstanding beam characteristics, a 5W 640nm OEM diode source with < .65 mRad divergence, another 300 Watts of full-color diode/ops laser systems, and –yes- sharks with friggin’ laser beams.
    Lightwave International and Arctos are Coherent Premium Certified Integrators for OPS laser systems in the USA and Germany respectively.

For those of you wondering, this is an RGBBY. I'll post specific wavelengths in a bit.

More pictures and video coming soon.

If you were at LDI- this was the monster on top of the Lightwave booth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	20506
    Last edited by djlightspin; 10-25-2010 at 08:44.

Quote Originally Posted by djlightspin View Post
    Pictures coming soon.
    Hurry up !!

Oh my god !
    When i ever win the lottery i will buy 2 to put on my mansion and project my nickname across town hahaah...
    What a beautyful specs....3 mm beam and under 1mrad divergence... wow, OPSL technology rocks... also the blue diode source is interesting.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

i saw it in action.

I had to go clean myself up afterwards!

just STUPID amounts of brightness! although at LDI it wasnt even at the full output. i think George (Lightwave Pres.) said it was "only" (lol.."only") putting out about 38-42 Watts.

It was damn sexy!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I want one!

I just need to get a ski mask and water pistol and go to the bank. I better bring a truck. That thing has got to cost in the high 6 figures $'s.

i bought 3. ill let ya borrow one.

lol, i wish.
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by djlightspin View Post
    an irradiance approaching 1000W/cm^2.
    I guess that rules out crowd scanning then.

Name:	Big baby_black02.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	20543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big baby_black032.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	20544

big boy...

maybe crowd scanning is possible, from say 500 metres or so away
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post

Name:	Big baby_black02.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	20543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big baby_black032.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	20544
    Yep that would be the one.

When I get back to the office I'll have some more pics for you guys. Got some video comparing it to the Lightwave 46 watt too :P.

Default Not the most powerful full color laser display

So Laser Fantasy International has this laser beat by 20Watts... The grand coullee dam install has over 80Watts of RGB output, and the divergence of thiers is something stupid like .018mRad or something like it... They might have the highest power OPSL setup, but LFI has it beat with gas lasers and has for years.... Just putting that out there...