Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torn between two modules..

Default Torn between two modules..

Hey all,
    New to the forums and would like some of your opinions on two lasers i am looking into. The first is being sold by the owner of Ultralasers in Toronto. He is willing to give me a discount of 30 bucks if i pick it up locally. (I am in Mississauga, so no big deal) http://tinyurl.com/23ddv8f
    I am a little hesitant for i have heard very little of this company. However, the pictures look good and the build appears reasonably rugged.

The other one i am looking into is being sold over at O-like. Unlike ultralasers, there seems to be a lot more reviews from people having dealt with them.
    http://tinyurl.com/25nftjo

Im not sure which one to get. is it worth it to spend the extra 80 bucks on the one from ultralasers? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I just don't want to end up spending extra money on something i don't need.

Thanks!
    Average

I have one of those modules on order from Ultralasers. It appears to be a far higher quality unit than the one from O-like.

But both ultralasers and o-like produce a fat beam at aperture and you will lose power.
    You need a beam size between 3 and 4mm. Also the divergence is big because there are no optics to tame the beam.

Here,s mine:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...134#post170134

divergence minimal 0.9mrd but i will match it with the green CNI and laserwaves. Beamheight is 29mm so perfect for both brands. Brass internals.

I have 16 modules for sale completely build with driver and my driver has analog modulation up to 30khz
    Last edited by edison; 11-06-2010 at 16:15.

Default lasers

I say skip both of them they are ttl modulated sooner. Or later you wil want analog modulation if your going to use it for laser shows

Ultralasers do a version with analogue modulation as well.

I say skip both of them they are ttl modulated sooner. Or later you wil want analog modulation if your going to use it for laser shows
    Thats what i was thinking, but the other modules we have are both TTL, which is a big step considering I only convinced my father recently that we should move out of the He-Ne/Argon dichro-colour-changing days. Its more for fun than anything else, but a show here and there wouldn't hurt. I just dont want to regret the worng purchase.

As for the wide beam, since its one watt and our current red/geen is 200mW, we could put it through a pinhole and still have more than enough output.

Ultralasers do a version with analogue modulation as well.
    yeah, i requested that as well. Is that what you got?

Shawn is awaiting arrival of the analogue modules. Should be arriving this week.

i have a 532 from ultralasers there customer service is wroth the extra cost
    i am ordering a 445 as soon as funds arrive just my 2 cents

I have tested and purchased an ultralasers green in the past and its operation and analog modulation is excellent. They get my recommendation.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

On my current build I'm using a custom blue from 300evil and I do recommend so many of the custom (pl built). I have a green for my current project on order with Shawn at Ultralasers and there are option for beam size on green. Ask him about options on blue. Great customer service there.-jimmy -have fun-
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST