Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Old He-Cd Laser

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I have a pound of Selenium in the basement and had a glassblower make me a tube three years ago. I have not followed up on it yet. The idea of getting 28 lines across the visible spectrum at close to 300 mW really, really intrigued me. HeSe is one of those lasers you want to see, just once.

Steve
    You don't know what I would give, to spend a summer learning how to build an exotic gas system. I think I'll see what the weather is going to be like in OH!

Cool Old HeCd

Hi Bob,
    Did you ever get the 1975 era Liconix to light? I still have not sent the Metrologic to Sam. The tube is gas intact but someone butchered the input wiring, key switch etc. I have no idea...they were probably trying to "repair" the laser.

I still have the ~1968 Perkin Elmer hot cathode HeNe here working near spec. We need to work out a trade... Best, Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

I haven't tried to fire the old LiConix. It's sitting in a glass doored display case right next to me. I can send you pictures of the Metrologic wiring if it will help. This one has just a couple wires disconnected, but is essentially intact. I'll finish cleaning it this weekend and post pics here then.

Here are pics of the insides of the '75 Metrologic ML-442m He-Cd laser. The insulation around the center section of the tube was messed up, so I cut it away neatly to display the great plasma tube underneath. I also had to glue one of the ends back on to the tube. The last one shows a group of 13 old lasers on a table in the corner, where this one will live until I find another glass doored display case to keep it in, to keep the dust out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metrologic ML-442 A.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	802.5 KB 
ID:	25638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metrologic ML-442 B.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	824.4 KB 
ID:	25639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metrologic ML-442 C.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	758.3 KB 
ID:	25640Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Group of Lasers.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	781.3 KB 
ID:	25641