Thread: FB3-QS on Windows 7

Default FB3-QS on Windows 7

Does anyone here have a FB3-QS connected successfully on Windows 7?

(I mean the physical hardware here and not just QS alone)

I'm having a few problems with mine on Windows 7 64 bit as the FB3 shows installed but when I try to start QS without the temp testing licence file in place, it tells me there's no FB3 connected. I'm trying to work out if its a driver issue or something elsewhere that I need to look at.

yes-

i have it installed on a win 7/64 machine. i think a lot of others do also and it works fine.

1. does your device manager show the FB3 hardware connected? (obviously check this with the fb3 connected.)

2. if it doesnt or it has a yellow exc. mark next to it, right click the the device and click "update driver" and direct it to the 64 bit driver directory on the QS disk.

3. the following may have changed, so dont quote me on this: the original USB port that the FB3 was installed on is the only port that it will work with. I think this is something with windows and not the FB3 itself. Install the system on each of your USB ports to avoid this problem. (i know its a pain in the ass). but again, this may not be the case anymore.

4. did you update the firmware and/or QS software itself? if you are running QS 2.0 or later, you need to update the firmware on the FB3. It should do this as soon as it is recognized. Vice versa though also. if you have a newer FB3 (firmware 7+ i think) and are trying to use QS 1.0 (or anything older than 2.0) i dont think its goiong to work. you need to upgrade to the new 2.0.

5. check your directory on the computer that QS installed to. for some reason, i dont think the disk installs the driver to the directoy. I manually copied the driver directory from the disk to the C drive (or whatever your program files drive is) so that i always had it if needed.

let us know if any of this works. if not, we'll try more things.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I think you can better contact pangolin directly.

If there is a problem, they would know about it.

And maybe.. if your lucky.. get some goodies :: read this threath

Working fine here.

Have you updated the firmware and installed the latest software?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Thanks for the replies.

Its actually a brand new FB3-QS straight from Pangolin so I would have expected the firmware to be the latest version.

Its showing in Device Manager as installed and DM says "This device is working Properly".

The FB3 itself shows steady green.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers several times but to no avail.

Everything appears to be working fine until I click the QS icon to run the software and then I get the message "QS cannot start. Please connect the FB3 or put the licence holder into the file".

I'm kind of short of ideas at the moment as to what this can be. I've just competely re-installed my pc for other reasons, and it did it on the last install so with a clean fresh re-install I can't see it being windows.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare pc to try it on in case I have a hardware issue, but if I did then why steady green?

Confused!

Looks like I'll have to talk to Bill again.

Just connected it on someone else's Windows 7 32 bit machine and it went on like a dream!

Appears to be some kind of software / pc hardware conflict therefore.

Have send you a PM

Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com

Many thanks Francesco, I finally got it to install. It seems the CD drivers worked fine manually installed but a zip containing other newer drivers may have been problem.