Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: French Ban Laser Assisted CAN-CAN

Thumbs down Fight The Power, indeed...

FYI -

"on 11/7/10 1:40 PM, Laserimage-Hugo Bunk at hugo AT laserimage DOT nl wrote:

Since march this year it is against the law to Use class IV lasers indoors in France.

I Have all the related docs in French for people that are interested."

As I understand, this also extends to Class IIIB, but my questions, back to the Forum, were:

Is the ruling against IIIB and IV laser *radiation* or the lasers, themselves? To clarify, would an 'inspector' simply look at the classification labeling, and go off of that? Or would the projections / fx actually be 'measured', onsite? If-so, would there not be some 'onus' (burden of proof) on them to prove that thier methods of measurement, were, indeed, accurate, according to laser-industry standards and protocols, etc?...

Another ??: could you use a Class IV laser, if the projections could be proven to be less-than Class IIIB? (ie: via modulation in a solid-state or, if a class IV Ion, thru PCAOM-control, etc...) ...Though, granted, what would be the 'point' of Class IIIB in a 20K-seat Arena, etc... (unless the laser power were to 'mysteriously' go-up at the start of the show..

And I assume that all scientific and university / educational applications are 'exempt' from this ruling??

Quite 'Orwellian', indeed... will keep you posted, as I get more (and more accurate) details from the ILDA lists... Alternatively, if someone who reads Français, would be willing to contact Sir Hugo, there, and let us know the details... I'vn't the time...

ciao
    J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

May be Hugo is speaking about Jean Michel Jarre tour ?

If you can have more information from ilda i'm interrested, and I will search in the laws here.

For now, all what I 've find is class IV is forbidden for epilation ^^

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Request is in to the legendary Hugo via two current ILDA members.

I do NOT like the precedent, but I just had to sort thru 1.2 megs of ASCII fragments to get that Hugo quote.

And yes, the ILDA list refers to JMJ not being able to use 5 laser projectors and possibly le Harp.

Je parle un peu Francais. Probably not enough for a good translation, just two years of three classes a week, and that just scratches the surface.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 11-08-2010 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Je parle un peu Francais.
    Bien, moi aussi, mais c'est normal, je suis Francais ^^

So if someone find a text, he can put it here and I can try to traduce it even if my english speaking is poor.

Obviously if the 1st article about the proposed law was correct I must have missed something somewhere about those indoor 747 pilots having trouble passing through nightclubs on their way to Charles de Gaule!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Obviously if the 1st article about the proposed law was correct I must have missed something somewhere about those indoor 747 pilots having trouble passing through nightclubs on their way to Charles de Gaule!

I think it's mainly to protect Spitfire pilots at Pink Floyd concerts.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I just had a small chat with Hugo and and he confirmed all class 3 and 4 lasers are not allowed for indoor use in france!

Lets hope this will not affect the rest of europe.

I can't find anything related to this in the french laserfreak forum, nor on the web... I'm waiting on some news!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I just had a small chat with Hugo and and he confirmed all class 3 and 4 lasers are not allowed for indoor use in france!

Lets hope this will not affect the rest of europe.
    Can you get the relevant part of the Code Napoleon ?

Steve

so their country is rioting and theres all sorts of religious hoopla, and what are they busy doing? banning lasers?