Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: French Ban Laser Assisted CAN-CAN

This prohibition has now driven the whole scene under ground. The mob has taken control and is now holding 'peekeasy' whitelighting shows under ground. Special government task forces are now seeking out and rading these secret 'beamshine' parties. A spokesman for the French 'Ministry of Cheese, Lasers and Explosives' described these so called 'beamshiners' as 'very silly types', he went on to say that beamshine is known to cause blindness and in unfavourable conditions; the destruction of entire cities.

We asked about regulation, monitoring and control but unfortunately there were rumors of a delivery of English onions at Calais, so he to rush away to join the Euro Tunnel blockade line riot.

Probably.
    Last edited by Doc; 11-11-2010 at 10:26. Reason: added Dr E link :-D
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

You see French peoples like that ? really ? Ok we eat cheese but we doesn't look like your "spokeman"

(I will be decent and do not tell you how european see American people ^^ )

So, for the laser BAN....we have no information here ! nobody is speaking about that on any laser forum. And I have searching on government laws...nothing..

May be Hugo as asked for an autorisation to use big laser indoor and the guy in front of him didn't know what he was speaking...and just say no..
    But, in my pictures from JMJ concert this year...there is audience scanning..

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Can you get the relevant part of the Code Napoleon ?

Steve
    I have received all the documents from Hugo.

I will send them to KL79 for a quick translation.

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    You see French peoples like that ? really ? Ok we eat cheese but we doesn't look like your "spokeman"

Kl79, don't be offended, Doc was being sarcastic about the laws not insulting to the French people. The reference to Ministry of Cheese was simply a parody because the French are also famed for their cheese so presumably have a Ministry to look after that.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    so their country is rioting and theres all sorts of religious hoopla, and what are they busy doing? banning lasers?
    Didn't you know Flecom, when they shoot down aircraft with their indoor lasers it causes civil unrest and the worshipers of the laser gods then feel religiously insulted when the show stops.

Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    thats extra funny since if you look at his location he is in the UK

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Messieurs, vous êtes vraiment odieux fromage tête quelques fois. Dommage. Pourquoi je suis, je devine Monty Python n'a jamais été montré en France.

Mccarot, you want to give us the rule name and number # so we can make every one aware of this? Or is this going to be secret squirrel Euros only?

Steve.

I cannot read french so I have no idea what the documents are about.

KL79 did explained me some things, there are 3 documents:

the first document, it's only for pointers and laser imported from china without doc and conformity
    the second document is for the closed rooms if public in 3 meters height and 2.5meters rear etc.
    if class 1 or 2, anybody can use it
    if 3 or 4, a person must be there to see and pilot the lasers and this person is the only one who can start and stop laser

But I asked KL79 to post a translation.

If you PM me your email I can send the documents to you.

oups sorry ^^ but be sure, I have not been offended, I need more than that
    (and for mixedgas, I know and enjoy Monty python, and I don't really understand what you want to say..but sure, it's not very friendly )

I have reading the documents..good news, we will always play with our lasers in France.
    I will traduce some sentences for you in a couple of hours.
    Last edited by kl79; 11-11-2010 at 07:16.

No offense meant sir, it was just a parody with the US prohibition of the 1920/30's and the resulting moonshine business that resulted (with a bit of Pythonesque humour thrown in )

Truely sorry if I offended you, Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

no, no you will never offend me ! no problem !
    As my engligh speaking is poor... i cannot explain correctly what I think..but trust me, I was laughing