Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: French Ban Laser Assisted CAN-CAN

Well...I have read the documents..nothing special even the setence I put in red :

first document, 04 19 1999 :
    building, import, sell laser pointer and "laserthing" as weapon class 3 or more is forbidden

second document, 02 16 2010 :
    It's a document speaking about rules for public buildings,so much pages, speaking about wall, heater, electricity, water, security lightning, smoking machines, fire rescue....and lasers !
    They said :
    only lasers from 400 to 700nm is allowed to create luminous effect..
    Class 1 and 2 no danger in normal conditions
    laser class 3 and 4, used exclusively outdoors, are implemented by a qualified and trained to the specific risks of lasers, accompanied by instructions.
    The operator may, in it's sole responsibility, implementing a laser class 1 or 2.
    An operator shall ensure that a laser product class 3 and 4 is implemented by a qualified and trained to the specific risks of lasers, which is present throughout the duration of the animation and is able of stop immediately.
    No repair of a laser apparatus, readjustment or correction beam is performed for the presence of the public.

Hope you have understand what I've translated (google helped me^^)

Maybe my English is not that well, but I understand that you can only use class 1-2 indoors and 3-4 outdoors.

Class 2 (wiki)

A Class 2 laser is safe because the blink reflex will limit the exposure to no more than 0.25 seconds. It only applies to visible-light lasers (400–700 nm). Class-2 lasers are limited to 1 mW continuous wave, or more if the emission time is less than 0.25 seconds or if the light is not spatially coherent. Intentional suppression of the blink reflex could lead to eye injury.

Politicians have the tendency to believe that "feel good" laws are the panacea to society's problems.
    Check out my laser media here!

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Messieurs, vous êtes vraiment odieux fromage tête quelques fois. Dommage. Pourquoi je suis, je devine Monty Python n'a jamais été montré en France.
    did you mean something like this??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

sorry for the spam... but as monty pythons coined the term "spam", i think i'm not offtopic after all

After some more discussions with Hugo, and KL79 its all clear now.

Its simply not allowed to use any type of class 3 or 4 lasers indoors.
    This rule will simply kill all legal legal indoor lasershows in france as all lasers for lasershows are above class 2.

The stupid thing is, outdoor you can do anything you want.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Red face

No Problem.
    Any froggies that want a laser fix will just have to attend LeLEM.

Or go to "Le Dam" and get a fix on just about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Or go to "Le Dam" and get a fix on just about everything.
    What can I say: Thalys will get you there from France in under 3 hours.

I guess Jarre will be avoiding his home country for concerts for the coming time. Or would large concert promotors and show companies have some 'exception' on the law and get a very special permit? (Maybe even one that involves a lot of money and a van with blinded windows...)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post

I guess Jarre will be avoiding his home country for concerts for the coming time. Or would large concert promotors and show companies have some 'exception' on the law and get a very special permit? (Maybe even one that involves a lot of money and a van with blinded windows...)
    Or maybe they'll just do a few and become the Band on the Run...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post

There are no events like they are in holland. (nobody can organise it, as (for example) alcohol is forbidden (beer only) so they cannot win monney)

And here, we have sooo much laws.... so much as nobody here know this one ^^
    I think hugo as asking for lasers..if he didn't ask anyone, and just doing his job, nobody was never tell him it was forbidden...