Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: KnoxLEM I || 12/18/10 || Knoxville, TN

Default Maybe?

I'm not sure about the call schedule for December yet so I can't totally commit but I hope to make this one. I am in Nashville so only about 3 hours away.
    Phillip Porch, MD, FACS

i should be able to make it. not sure what i will bring. me and mat well mat is working on some very neat projectors for us. i can bring df-50 hazer bounce mir, cable, etc. let me know what you need. caint wait jeff

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Doug: Looking forward to seeing you again dude. Will Mystris be coming with you?
    I hope so. Have to ask her what her schedule is first (even before i fully commit). Things are hectic here as per the normal.

I should have my RGB projector, my (updated) DZ argon lumia projector, and if all goes well, my 1 watt green beam projector.

Adam and I will both have our portable scrim stands, so that might open up some possibilities for some interesting graphics displays!
    I'll also have a couple of small Mackie mixers, network switch, and plenty of CAT5 cable in case they're needed.

Now if I could manage to get my career shifted back to Knoxville - I'll be set!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Mystrys says most likely a go. We'll prolly get a room so not have to drive home in the wee hours.

Any good (and cheap) places close to the venue?

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Mystrys says most likely a go. We'll prolly get a room so not have to drive home in the wee hours.

Any good (and cheap) places close to the venue?
    The venue is in downtown Knoxville, so the hotels nearby aren't too cheap. The best bets I could find really close to the venue are the Hilton and the St. Oliver, both about a mile away from the LEM. Both have rooms for $100, but at the Hilton it's a pre-pay only thing and I don't think you can cancel. The St. Oliver is a really neat place though. It's on Market Square (great place to get brunch/lunch on Sunday) and its filled with antique furniture. Very different than most hotels.

If you wanted to get out of downtown Knoxville you can probably find a better rate. There are a bunch of hotels if you go west on the interstate to Papermill Rd. (about 5 miles) or Cedar Bluff Rd. (about 10 miles).

Quote Originally Posted by massivesound View Post

If you wanted to get out of downtown Knoxville you can probably find a better rate. There are a bunch of hotels if you go west on the interstate to Papermill Rd. (about 5 miles) or Cedar Bluff Rd. (about 10 miles).
    Sweet, thanks. Depending upon the finance situation, might just stay close and pay a little more for a room. I don't know about knoxville, but most places a cab 10 miles out would end up costing more than a room close by. Just my opinion. I'll prolly have a few drinks and had rather not risk driving it (otherwise we'd drive home).

We'll check it out. St. Oliver sounds pretty cool.

Thank you Adam for the heads up... with the move and the new job, it's been seriously hectic around here.

I can confirm I'll be making it, and I don't foresee any emergencies that would hinder that. I will try to get my projector out of storage this weekend, and will confirm if I can bring it ASAP.

Looking forward to this

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    I can confirm I'll be making it, and I don't foresee any emergencies that would hinder that.
    Cool. Will be great to see you again Mo. Glad you decided to move to "the promised land"

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    Thank you Adam for the heads up... with the move and the new job, it's been seriously hectic around here.

I can confirm I'll be making it, and I don't foresee any emergencies that would hinder that. I will try to get my projector out of storage this weekend, and will confirm if I can bring it ASAP.

Looking forward to this

--DDL
    Glad you'll be joining us, Mo -
    It will be good to have another "fellow Tennessean" at the first KnoxLEM!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....