Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: KnoxLEM I || 12/18/10 || Knoxville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Cool. Will be great to see you again Mo. Glad you decided to move to "the promised land"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Glad you'll be joining us, Mo -
    It will be good to have another "fellow Tennessean" at the first KnoxLEM!!
    Haha, thanx guys. Although, TN is not accepting me as a 'Tennessean' quite yet... I guess I'm not good enough (or otherwise)

Although, I have explored some of the area and I must say, this is one amazing nature spot...

See here for my adventures:
    First Snow is TN, and at the highest point east of the Mississippi River, and it was ~18 degrees when I was up there...

Enjoy;
    DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    Haha, thanx guys. Although, TN is not accepting me as a 'Tennessean' quite yet... I guess I'm not good enough (or otherwise)

Although, I have explored some of the area and I must say, this is one amazing nature spot...

See here for my adventures:
    First Snow is TN, and at the highest point east of the Mississippi River, and it was ~18 degrees when I was up there...

Enjoy;
    DDL
    Don't worry Mo -
    I little more practice working on your "Southerneze", and you'll fit right in with the rest of us!
    Once you learn how to say "Y'all" properly, the rest is easy!!

I know I'm a bit biased, but I firmly believe you're living in one of the more naturally beautiful regions of our country.
    We should all hook up in Gatlinburg some weekend and let me and the missus play tour guide through the Smoky Mountains.
    (We know it quite well, from the ground and from the air!!)
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-11-2010 at 06:51.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

"Y'all" is easy... However the correct pronunciation of "you'uns" (or "Maryville" for that matter) takes years to master.

It's great to see the enthusiasm for this event. I really didn't expect participation from so many people outside of the East TN region, but I'm really excited to see it all fall into place. I've mentioned this to Randy and Adam, but if you've got any suggestions for the event, be sure to let me know on here or in a PM.

This sounds awesome and I should be able to make it without a hitch. What a great way to end my semester! I can bring my recently completed RGB projector. I haven't put it on a meter yet but I would estimate 1.5W. I can also bring some of my classic ADAT shows (I have about 20 that are pretty good) if you guys are interested, just let me know. I would also like to get some help tweaking things (minor). For instance the green and blue channels are switched in my ECCS knobbox that drives my diodes. Shows still look great but Louis Armstrong is seeing trees of blue instead of trees of green.

Hey Phil, wanna carpool?

Jonathan

Default Setup & planning suggestions....

Based on observing at other LEM's how easy it is for "time to get away" during these meets, I have a couple of early setup & planning suggestions:

• Since this is a one-day event - with an audience that evening - start setting up as soon as we get there with that evening's demonstrations / performances in mind. Hopefully, that will help reduce any rushed last-minute problems that might pop-up right as the audience is arriving. If we plan for that up front, we should still have plenty of time to "geek-out" over the course of the afternoon.

• Establish block times for running the choreographed beam and graphics shows! If we know a show schedule in advance - especially if some of the times are during more "reasonable" hours earlier in the evening - we might be able to entertain some family members and friends who probably wouldn't be able to attend the late-night sessions with all the hard-core clubbers. (Since it is the weekend before Christmas, some holiday-oriented shows might be appreciated by some of those "early" visitors). Earlier performance schedules might also be helpful for some of the more "senior" members that have long drives ahead of them on Sunday...
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-11-2010 at 14:46.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

FYI a friend of a friend is selling this, so anyone needing one (or a spare) could pick it up at the LEM... It's just sitting in a warehouse in Knoxville right now. It's been offered to me for awhile, but I think I need to learn a bit more before I attempt such a project. I could probably get someone a pretty sweet deal on it though.

Smile

Too rich for my blood! Nice unit though...

Adam

im game and can bring the upgraded projector pushing 6w. also have foggers scrim and stand if needed.

Cool -

The first KnoxLEM hasn't kicked off yet -

And we may already need a bigger venue!!!

Awesome!!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Randy and I met at the warehouse last weekend to take another look at the space and work out possible set-ups for the upcoming LEM. We worked out some good ways to deal with all of the equipment coming in, and came up with some critical bits of information that will help the event run smoothly.

First, it would be great to have an accurate idea of how many projectors will be there, and what their primary use is (beam shows vs. graphics, or both). It's looking like we'll have a lot of equipment to deal with (on a similar level as SELEM) with a smaller space. If you're planning to attend, please let me know on here or in a private message what laser equipment you plan to bring.

Second, let me know what shows you'd like to do (or see). Since this will be a one-day event, I think it will run much more smoothly if we can create a schedule of shows so there isn't as much scrambling around and uncertainty as SELEM had in this department. Right now I've got 3 or 4 hours blocked off for pre-programmed shows, and that can be adjusted depending on what everyone wants and expects.

The last thing has to do with auxiliary equipment. I think we'll be fine on audio equipment, screens/scrims, and fog/haze machines, but it would be great to hear from anyone who has any scaffolding or other structures on which to place projectors. I think it will be better if we try to stay away from tripod stands if we can. I may end up building some kind of shelving or something, but if there's some scaffolding available it might eliminate the need. I'd also like to hear about any other auxiliary equipment anyone wants or is thinking of bringing.

As information on these things comes in I'll try to keep the main post updated with hardware and show lists so everyone can be on the same page.