Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: KnoxLEM I || 12/18/10 || Knoxville, TN

Default Stuka stuff...

OK, here's what I should be able to bring, in addition to the fog machine, scrim stand, etc.:

Projectors & related:
    • Pangolin QM2000.net controller
    • RGB projector, ~ 750mw, with scan-thru lumia & poly-wheel effects (graphics, scrim; beams as needed)
    • DZ Argon/Diode Lumia projector w/remote shutter (scrim or screen)
    • DMX "Nebulaser" BlissLight-ish clone (atmospheric effects)
    Available Custom / commercial shows for QM2000
    (open to suggestions concerning which ones to play!):

• Christmas graphics shows (since KnoxLEM is the weekend before Christmas!)
      • Holly Jolly Christmas
      • Jingle Bell Rock
      • Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Mannheim Steamroller
      • Carol of the Bells - Mannheim Steamroller
      • Silent Night - Mannheim Steamroller
      • Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo - Trans Siberian Orchestra (scrim / beam combo)
    • Classic Rock graphics shows
      • Alan Parsons - Hypergamma
      • Collective Soul - Heavy
      • Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
      • Metallica - Enter Sandman
      • Santana - Smooth
      • Jimmy Hendrix - Are You Experienced
      • Jimmy Hendrix - Purple Haze
      • U2 - Desire
      • U2 - One
      • U2 - Vertigo
      • Pink Floyd - Brain Damage / Eclipse
      • Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
      • Pink Floyd - High Hopes
      • Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly
      • Pink Floyd - One of these Days
      • Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell
      • Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    • Rupert Morse Beam Shows (mostly uncirculated updates & "demos")
      • Vangelis - Pulsar
      • RAD 5FM
      • U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name + Guns n' Roses - Live and Let Die
      • Titans
      • Combo show - Miley Cyrus, Ke$ha, Katy Perry
      • Club Mix 5 & 6
    Plus most of the great QM2000 shows contributed to PL by other members, Pangolin, Rupert Morse, and Mike Dunn over the last few years...
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-21-2010 at 12:09. Reason: Jolly Green ain't gonna make it... :(
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

I'll bring my graphics projector, and maybe one more, if I can get the second one assembled in time. I can also bring my scrim (9 ft square, with stands that go up to 12 ft), and I'll bring my Antari 1200Z fogger as well. My graphics projector has it's own heavy-duty tripod stand that telescopes to 10 ft.

I've got a Pangolin QM-2000 controller with LivePro, and I have a touch screen and a Novation Remote Zero midi controller that I use with LivePro. I'll of course be bringing all of that with me.

Beyond that, I plan to bring my mixer and all my audio cables (tons), and I'll probably bring a bunch of extra cables and stuff just in case. Basically, I'll pack as if I'm going to any other LEM, except that I won't be bringing the speakers or the amps this time around.

As for shows, I'd like to watch a lot of the ones Randy mentioned. I may have one or two new shows ready, depending on how much free time I have between now and the event. If they're ready, they will be multi-projector beam shows. Other than that, I'm pretty flexible.

Adam

A peek inside the venue for KnoxLEM I
    (in between events):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headroom Panorama.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	21560
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-22-2010 at 15:57.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Wow neat picture. Does your camera do that automatically?

I'm interested in seeing a lot of the shows that have been mentioned here. I don't think I've seen any choreographed laser shows outside of a few at SELEM and maybe going to Stone Mtn. as a young kid. Definitely been missing out on a large part of the laser scene!

Quote Originally Posted by massivesound View Post
    Wow neat picture. Does your camera do that automatically?

I'm interested in seeing a lot of the shows that have been mentioned here. I don't think I've seen any choreographed laser shows outside of a few at SELEM and maybe going to Stone Mtn. as a young kid. Definitely been missing out on a large part of the laser scene!
    Nope - I used some freeware software to combine the photos I made during my last visit to the club.
    I would have tried to take better pictures if I had known it would work that well!!

I definitely think we'll have plenty of choreographed shows to pull from for the afternoon & evening of KnoxLEM -
    the list I posted doesn't even include the shows that come with the LD2000 or those already shared by other PL members!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Default scaffold

looks like i am in do we need a set of scaffold or distro looks like every thing else is there

Quote Originally Posted by rgb-gas View Post
    looks like i am in do we need a set of scaffold or distro looks like every thing else is there
    Pretty sure we could use some scaffolding; not sure if we need a distro or not.
    (I think the club is wired fairly well with 110 outlets).

You should be hearing from Massivesound shortly...
    RR

Sweet.....

I've got 80A (4x20A circuits) on stage. I use two of the circuits for sound, but don't really get close to their capacity due to the high efficiency of the speakers. I've also got two other 20A circuits about 20' away from the stage, so I think we'll be fine on power. I've also got a small distro (one 30A and two filtered 20A) that I can wire in if it looks like we'll need it. Like I said in the original post, I don't have the facilities to support large-frame argon lasers at the moment (3Φ and water would be difficult without a LOT of work) but I think we can support as many solid state projectors as people want to bring.

Scaffolding will be great though. How much of it do you have?

Default Show times...

I'm starting to hear quite a bit of interest from friends and family (definitely "non-clubbers" ) in checking out the laser shows that evening, so I would like to lock in the initial block time for the shows if we can. I figure the quicker we can lock in the times, the more likely we are to have a good initial turn out.

Brad had initially suggested 8:00 PM as the show time, which I believe is reasonable for a Saturday night.
    Is everyone else comfortable with making that the "hard time" to start running shows?

I would like to be able to share the schedule as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Randy
    RR

Sweet.....

Smile

Wait - we're going to start this thing at 10 AM, and we can't run shows until 8PM at night? Unacceptable!

Seriously though, I can be up and running within 15 minutes of walking through the door. I don't see why we couldn't be running shows during the day as well. Granted, I'd like to see some synchronized beam shows running on multiple projectors, and that takes longer to set up, but I'd also like to see some graphics shows, and for that you only need one projector and one screen (and a sound system, which it would seem is not a problem!).

Or are you saying that at 8 PM we need to stop fooling around so we can re-run some shows for the visiting guests?

Also, what time does the DJ plan to kick things off?

Adam