Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: KnoxLEM I || 12/18/10 || Knoxville, TN

8 PM (or whatever time is decided) would be the time that we fire up the shows for the invited guests. For the first hour or so, at least, we should be able to run a scheduled, planned series of shows, with everyone planning in advance what it going to be played.

I don't think the DJ's kick in until 10 or 11 (see Brad's first post), so that should give us plenty of time to cater to audiences that want to see shows earlier in the evening, then "reset" for the club scene later.

BTW -

I'm certainly willing to start the audience shows earlier, depending on what everyone else wants to do. I just want to lock in a realistic, set time that we can provide in advance to the visitors that want to see shows.

For me, that piece carries a lot more importance than the club scene later in the evening
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-28-2010 at 18:47.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

BTW -

Does anyone have a fog chiller?

Sharon and I are at the Mannheim Steamroller concert right now (intermission), and have been impressed with the use of low-lying fog during some of their songs.

I think that effect would be VERY cool to be able to use during Christmas laser shows!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Easy enough to make one. All you need is some flexible metal-foil dryer hose, a large trash can, a 6 inch fan, a fog machine, and a shitload of ice... Coil the dryer ducting around the outer edge of the trash can, with the two ends sticking out up top. (The bottom coil will exit up through the middle.) Now fill the can with ice. Set the fog machine on a table, put the 6 inch fan in front of it, and attach one end of the drier hose to the fan. Aim the other end out into the audience. Turn the fan on, then run the fog machine. Works like a charm...

Adam

The 8pm time was just something I threw out off the top of my head. We can certainly start the choreographed shows earlier if that's what everyone wants to do.

I'll build a fog chiller before then as well since that would be pretty cool to have in the club anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by massivesound View Post
    The 8pm time was just something I threw out off the top of my head. We can certainly start the choreographed shows earlier if that's what everyone wants to do.

I'll build a fog chiller before then as well since that would be pretty cool to have in the club anyway.
    Well, in that case -

How about bumping it back 1 hour earlier?
    (Show start at 7 PM).
    That would have us starting about the same time as some of the local competing entertainment (movie theaters).

Concerning the fog chiller -

That's GREAT if you have time to build one before KnoxLEM!
    Let me know if you need any help with the parts purchase!
    RR

Sweet.....

Default scaffold

the scaffold at selem was mine. i was offering a 120v distro, but i see you do not need it. would one set be enough? 8 1/2 feet high ,,7x4 wide

Default 2-week countdown...

2 weeks 'till KnoxLEM weekend!
    Everybody still in?

I'm going to start sending out my invitations to friends & family for the shows that evening.
    Any objections to a 7PM start time?
    RR

Sweet.....

yea lucky 7 start the shows

Quote Originally Posted by rgb-gas View Post
    the scaffold at selem was mine. i was offering a 120v distro, but i see you do not need it. would one set be enough? 8 1/2 feet high ,,7x4 wide
    We could probably use both sets if you don't mind bringing them. It would give us a bit more flexibility and spread the projectors out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    2 weeks 'till KnoxLEM weekend!
    Everybody still in?

I'm going to start sending out my invitations to friends & family for the shows that evening.
    Any objections to a 7PM start time?
    7PM sounds great. It would be great to reach out to other people who might be interested in the laser show... Any ideas on where/how to promote it? I do a lot of promotion to the club scene, but it seems like this show would appeal to a much broader audience. I don't recall seeing a laser-focused show in Knoxville, and it seems like there would be a lot of people interested in it.

So far as it stands im still in!! For once ill be in town hen things are happening!! at the moment im in Vegas doing the Nascar awards UGH i HATE Shows for TV LONG LONG LONG days and 2000+ Versa Tubes!!