Thread: Laserworld CS-600RGBV

Question Laserworld CS-600RGBV

hey guys,
    was just about to buy this laser but had problems with my paypal and thought i would keep looking while i'm waiting for it to be resolved.

anyway i noticed laserworld doesnt get a good wrap in the forums. was hoping for suggestions for similiar lasers in the price range of 1000-2000 australian. when i was looking i could only find lasers from asia and these laserworld lasers, so i thought german made would be the way to go. but i wont object to chinese lasers if someone recommends them.

i do pa and lighting so the laser would have to mobile and i'm not interested in building my own as i dont kno enough about them yet

cheers

Hi there,

Normally somebody introduces his self first

A lot of people on here have had trouble with Laserworld lasers allegedly being way under their stated powers.

Some other have got lucky and got stated powers or more but the vast majority of reports from people on here who tried them was that they were allegedly underpowered, in some cases by allegedly huge amounts.

My advice based on these reports would be to look to other manufacturers or to self build.

Of the pre-built lasers at the cheaper end of the market, several NRG systems have been tested by people on here and have received good reviews - check out the review section. They sell their lasers on ebay.

Ultimately though, you do tend to get what you pay for.

Also, Dave (Lasershowparts) is in Australia so may be able to assist you better with some local suggestions.

Finally, bear in mind safety in all of this. A 600mw laser is potentially eye damaging if not used in according to safety regulations / guidelines and I kind of get the impression you have very little experience of lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    A lot of people on here have had trouble with Laserworld lasers allegedly being way under their stated powers.
    Finally, bear in mind safety in all of this. A 600mw laser is potentially eye damaging if not used in according to safety regulations / guidelines and I kind of get the impression you have very little experience of lasers.

Not much chance of getting 600mw out of a Laserworld CS-600RGBV anyway!

With luck you will get nearly 300mw out of the window.

Still good idea to look at safety stuff before getting anything.

Cheers

ok well im sandor, 18 and from australia. i fell in love with lasers the moment i saw one
    and yes im very much a beginner, ive got that much to spend and just want a quality, trusted laser to wow a few crowds with, not too worried about how powerful it is.
    anyway all advice about lasers is welcome, i dont know much but want to learn as much as i can

cheers

well for starters, if you want a quality laser projector, that sort of money isn't really going to cut it. If you're talking multicolour, I'd be tripling it at the very least.

Next - you want to wow crowds, so you also are going to need good software like quickshow or livepro for that.

lastly, the very fact you want to use this with crowds at all if you're a beginner is concerning. I'd put the money aside for the moment and spend some time saving for a better laser, and whilst you're there, learning and researching about laser safety etc.

There is plenty of information right here, so start reading - and welcome to the forum btw. We are here to help
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

If you are thinking of beam shows, forget RGBV. The BV is near invisible, even with high-power diodes (and consequently more hazardous). If you're doing projected animations you may get away with it, though.

The new 445nm blue diodes have dropped decent RGB prices of late, so look around. They give nice visible beams and the colours are very nice.

I have an NRG projector. They are still made in the far east but set up and tested in the UK. Gary who runs it is quite helpful though he needs a good bit of prodding at times. If you're in Oz though shipping costs are gonna punt the prices up. Your best bet may be Chinese projectors. A company called "spacelas" get some good ratings on PL so have a look for them, I'm thinking of buying from them as NRG aren't so competitive at the moment and only have a poor range of projectors on offer.