Thread: Powerpoint Help Required Please.

Default Powerpoint Help Required Please.

Hi

Do we have any Powerpoint (2007) Guru's here on PL?

I'm fairly new to Powerpoint and am trying to set up for a presentation on a 50" large screen TV with a resolution of 1360 x 768 pixels. I can't seem to find anywhere where I can make custom screen resolution settings, the nearest I can find is 1024 x 768. Is there any way I can set the resolution to match the screen exactly or do I just have to 'make do' with the nearest settings?

Thanks

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 11-09-2010 at 02:43. Reason: Added version of Powerpoint i'm using
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

it seems to me that by changing the display settings of windows and then selecting "use current settings" in powerpoint as described below should do the trick.

process described below

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/po...in=EC001022972

Adjust screen area For optimal image quality, set the resolution of the presentation and the computer so that they are compatible with the projector that you are using:
      1. On the Slide Show menu, click Set Up Show.
      2. Under Performance, in the Slide show resolution list, click the appropriate resolution for your projector.
    Refer to your projector documentation for the optimum or native resolution setting for your projector model. If you cannot find this information, or if you are uncertain, most projectors support a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels (SVGA (super video graphics adapter (SVGA): This standard can display a screen size of 800 by 600 pixels or more.) resolution).
    If the only choice in the Slide show resolution list is Use Current Resolution, then your computer display is currently set to a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. To obtain additional choices, increase your screen resolution in Windows by right-clicking the desktop, clicking Properties on the shortcut menu, and then making your changes in the Display Properties dialog box.
    Last edited by LaNeK779; 11-09-2010 at 02:53.

Thanks

I also found this...

http://www.serialdigital.com/2008/11...in-powerpoint/

I've set to page setting to 16:9 aspect ratio. I guess i'll find out whether this has worked or not when I start working on it.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001