Thread: Beta PL forum(UPDATED)

Default Beta PL forum(UPDATED)

hey guys come along and register and test the possible new pl forum platform
    remember this is just a test to try and break it and see if its a platform worth using i guess
    you dont have to post anything serious ,or about lasers ,just do what you can to trash it
    all the data will get junked at the end of testing, just beware of the cookie monster
    he's hungry, for a bacon sandwich!!!

So far I like it. I like how it handles the chat, and I think that having a tightly integrated WIKI could be a great thing. There is SO much info here burried in posts it would be great to have it in a used WIKI.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/beta/index.php

Sign up and mess around. How often do you have a virgin forum that you can post anything you want.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Default yep

its fun posted a load of random stuff about cookies and bacon lol

Thumbs down

Don't like that web 2.0 design / forum system at all. Could'nt be worse, really.
    There is a reason why big forums only use vbulletin, phpbb or wbb.
    Last edited by decix; 11-13-2010 at 21:50.

Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Don't like that web 2.0 design / forum system at all. Could'nt be worse, really.
    There is a reason why big forums only use vbulletin, phpbb or wbb.
    ya pretty much, the really big boards run very vanilla vB setups... no avatars, no chat, no extras etc

thats the only way the other vB board I help moderate runs... 150k users puts a hell of a load on a bunch of mySQL servers!

Does it run PHP by proxy?

Signed up BTW
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Don't hop over to a new one.
    This one is ok.
    Also if there will be a hop will you be able to transfer everything to this new one?

Beta has been updated with all the accounts that were registered as of 15 minutes ago. Password hashes also made it(no password reset, hooray.) Forum headers are there. Avatars made it.

Post info did not make it, because that would take a really really long time. But not nearly as long as the attachment system.

In effect, play around, beat it up, press some buttons. It's still beta. Nothing there will survive, except the cookies.(chocolate chip, not internet cookies)

Default pl beta

hey admin
    where's pl beta gone ??
    put my silly head on ,went to go over there and its gone!
    have you given up with it ?

Working on it locally, I'm trying to work through an addressing issues with PM's where zero get imported in threaded/conv mode. That and I am having a glitch with attachment imports. Some permission setting I have here is not converting over well.