Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a fun Sunday afternoon play my harp (Laser harp that is.)

Default Having a fun Sunday afternoon playing my harp (Laser harp that is.)

Below is the YT link for a video of me playing the Jean Michel Jarre Piece Oxygene 7 on my laser harp last Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAX781r65QE

Thanks must go to Rob Stanwax, and Kevski for there help making this video and Olly Suckling for getting us in to the O2 Academy in Liverpool to provide us with a great venue to film. He even sorted us with any additional lighting and the fog that we needed.

This video is listed as a demo of my laser harp on YT but there is another reason for filming this video which I will hopefully get to share with you all in the near future and I hope will impress you all.

In the mean time I'm sure there are going to be loads of questions from some of you. I will try my best to answer them all.

Carl
    Last edited by Carl B; 11-09-2010 at 13:20.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Excellent work Carl. What power laser does the harp use?

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Excellent work Carl. What power laser does the harp use?
    The harp has a 500mW Laserwave in it at the moment on loan from Rob Stanwax. Before that it had a 445nm blue doing around 350mw but the LDR's in the top bar don't work as well with that wavelength of light. A shame as the harp looked really smart with blue beams.

Carl
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    1.3W Laser Harp

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    The harp has a 500mW Laserwave in it at the moment on loan from Rob Stanwax. Before that it had a 445nm blue doing around 350mw but the LDR's in the top bar don't work as well with that wavelength of light. A shame as the harp looked really smart with blue beams.

Carl
    How's about a couple of hundred mW green to keep the LDRs happy and a Watt of 445?

I notice the you lost the soup strainer

Cool as fcuk by the way
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    How's about a couple of hundred mW green to keep the LDRs happy and a Watt of 445?

I notice the you lost the soup strainer

Cool as fcuk by the way
    Thanks Doc.

Rob has already suggested using 445 & 532 together to create that argon feel. We think there is enough space to fit both in to the harp projector.
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    1.3W Laser Harp

From what I've seen messing about, 200mW of 532 with a Watt of 445 will be much more like a powerfull 473 than 488.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Im sure you are right Doc but the strong mix of 445 and green does look very argonesq and is very luminous - looks proper spiffing!
    On sunday we had a short time to put in a green to get the video done as we needed to be at the o2 for half 5 so maybe we will look at the blue insertion at a later date....maybe not too later!

Was a great buzz doin this vid and despite it being pretty thrown together we are pleased with the results

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

you both did very good carl and rob
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Looks great

As regards the colour mix... Couldn't you feed the figures into that program... Err... What's it called?.... Begins with 'C' I think
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

1x slap for jem....

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat