Thread: Spaghetti help

Question Spaghetti help

does anyone on here use spaghetti?
    i am having a problem.
    i installed spaghetti, and i installed my ryia card.
    and when i click on settings/projector settings/test frames/ilda test frames.
    it works, or if i add an ilda frame to the test section it works.
    but when i load a show and try to play it nothing happens,
    it plays the show on the computer,
    but nothing from the projector.
    i have enabled the projector, any suggestions?
    it has to be hooked right or the test frames wouldn't be working.
    thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.

Tommy, make sure you have your DAC mapped to your projector. Go into Settings->Hardware Configuration. Your DACs should be listed on the left and your projectors should be listed on the right. Drag the RIYA DAC on the left onto your projector on the right and they should then be associated. Then try your show again. Also, make sure you click the Laser Output button to toggle between Preview mode and Laser mode. Let me know if you still need help.

Question help

does the show play when the time line is visible?
    or does it open in another window to play the show?
    i have made several spaghetti shows, and saved them.
    and when i click on open, it opens them and puts them on the time line.
    is this right?
    and i associate the ryia with the projector.
    but it will not play in the window that has the time line.
    maybe i am in the wrong window,
    but how do i get to the window that plays the show?
    thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.

There are different types of files: project files and show files. Project files contain the bits and pieces that make up a laser show. When you open a project file you are in project (or designer) mode and you will see the Timeline and you will be able to modify it as you wish. A show file is a compiled project. The project is preprocessed and sent to a frames file that can be streamed. When you open a show file, you do not see the Timeline and it is not possible to edit it. Show files are nice because the load and start playing almost instantly. They also require very little memory and processing power. You can only add show files to a playlist. You can't add projects to a playlist. You can tell the difference by looking at the file extension. Show files end with .spgs and project files end with .spgp.

Once you load a show or project, all you have to do to play it is click Play. Also click the Laser Output button if you want it to go to your projector. Assuming your mappings are correct it should all work.

Does this help?

Wink thanks

thanks i got it. i didn't know you had to drag the ryia over evrytime.
    thanks so much, you are a very nice person, and i appreciate it.
    some people on photonlexicon are really rude, they act like you are supposed to know evrything in advance.
    everybody has to learn.
    i play 8 instruments but it took me a long time and a lots of practice to do it. sometimes i won't ask a question because some of them get so rude, and they think if you don't use pangolin you suck.
    i don't see the point in paying 600.00 dollars to get started in lasers.
    i am happy with your software.
    now i see how to use it, and it works great.
    thanks and God bless you.
    God Bless.

You don't (or shouldn't) need to drag the RIYA over everytime. Just once and it will be remembered unless you delete it and readd it or something like that.

I also forgot to mention the Show Map. Each project or show has what I call Show Projectors. These are projectors that are defined for the show but are not PHYSICAL projectors. They are just what the designer has in mind when they create the shows. The first time you load a show, you have to drag the SHOW PROJECTOR onto your PHYSICAL PROJECTOR. The reason for this is because a show may have 4 projectors defined and you have to link them to your real projectors in a way that makes sense to you. For example, the show may have one main projector and 2 satellite projectors. But, Spaghetti doesn't know which projector you have is for what purpose so linking them up is a manual process. Once you do it once, it will remember it for that show until you reinstall Spaghetti or something of that sort.

In the new version (2.0+) Spaghetti will make some assumptions so it will automatically assign the projectors in some cases. But, I think you have the 1.9 version so you have to do it yourself. You've been extremely polite and encouraging so I'm going to go ahead and unlock your promotional license so that you can use the 2.0 version of Spaghetti. Send me a PM so I can explain how that will happen.