Thread: Very Newbie Question

Cool Very Newbie Question

Hi been looking through the Forum and although some parts of my question have already been answered I'm looking for a little more clarification ,
    (This is the scenario) i Have been doing the lighting and Video Show's For a local music project, coming up next year we are having a few outdoor events and larger indoor events (500+ people), and i have been asked about using ILDA animation LASER's . I have only used standard DMX controll LASER's so my questions are:-
    1:- What Software and controller are best for a newbie,
    2:- can all ILDA LASER's run any kind or animation, or do you require a high spec one for complex images
    3:- What are the Legal requirements for use of lasers in the UK
    4:- can you play a low level video stream into a show? (e'g') convert a video into a colourless drawing style

any help will always be appreciated

Lightbulb

Welcome to PL. Here are a few short answers...
    1. Pangolin QuickShow
    2. Yes, but yes. The higher spec scanners can run higher point count animation frames.
    3. Need a UK member to answer.
    4. Yes, Pangolin VST or Dr Lava's Lasercam can convert video to lasers.

These can and should be elaborated on... But I can only do a quick post right now.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Pangolin QuickShow, is this the best software or the easiest to use, when i reported back about this they say our Budget will not stretch to but the software(£400) and the laser , i was asked about how good (i'm guessing not thatt good) this software is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iShow-ILDA...item336c7ddc53

Quote Originally Posted by crazyshaun View Post
    Pangolin QuickShow, is this the best software or the easiest to use, when i reported back about this they say our Budget will not stretch to but the software(£400) and the laser , i was asked about how good (i'm guessing not thatt good) this software is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iShow-ILDA...item336c7ddc53
    Just draw out £60 from an ATM and flush it down the kazi
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Stay away fro iShow. Really, your best bet is Quickshow. Yes, it seems like a lot of money for a relatively new individual to put out but, in the long run, it truely is your best investment. Power, ease of use, support base for questions, etc. If you spend any time at this at all, eventually you'll discover that it would have been cheaper in the long run to bite the bullet and make the investment than to try a series of cheaper options before discovering that you should have bought Quickshow to begin with. I own several different software packages so, I'm coming from a place of experience. I think good software and a cheap laser will give you much better results than cheap software and good laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I think good software and a cheap laser will give you much better results than cheap software and good laser.
    < ^^ This ^^
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

ok what laser would you recommend then for a budget of £300

single color green bang for buck work your way into full color.