Thread: Anyone heard of Lightspace?

Default Anyone heard of Lightspace?

So have anyone heard of Lightspace Co. Ltd.? Are they legit?

I am looking for a RGB in the low-budget range, and I found their site via Alibaba and they got a really good deal for 1W RGBs. They quoted me $1050 SHIPPED for an analog modulated 1W RGB using CNI modules and 20k scanners. Is this too good to be true?

This is their alibaba profile: http://eightonlight.en.alibaba.com/
    And thir is their regular website: http://www.eightonlight.cn/en/index.asp

Bump.

I also would like to know if this company is any good. Buying my first laser ever and I'd rather it not be crap... :-D

Hmm. I had done a search, but a further search on lightspace has left me feeling like I don't want to buy from these guys.

Spam and sales techniques aside tho - what's the skinny on the quality of their product?

Thumbs up

Hi

I order several Galvos and other things from this company, and I find out is the same owner of the PT galvos. (Phenixtechnology Factory), and Omar is here on PL and very helpful.

Cheers,
    Ed

Have not bought a laser from them (YET) but the stuff looks pretty good.
    I did buy some low end scanners and optic mounts from them and they are both good quality.
    Larry

Hi, I don't have any experience with this company but I can vouch for Omar. I've seen his posts on here and he seems to be very helpful and quick to reply. From what I know Alibaba works predominately with Chinese companies. My experience with Chinese products is you get what you pay for. A $1000 1W RGB will certainly not be a "creme of the crop" product but it may be the best bang for the buck. I have a Chinese projector that was well worth the $420 I paid for it, however, the lesser quality is apparent. Though it has worked perfectly for nearly two years now without any trouble, the beams aren't perfectly aligned causing combined colors such as yellow, or fuchsia to appear as two beams side by side. Also, the amount of glue used to mount the optics is enough to make realignment nearly impossible with out having to tear the whole thing apart and risk damaging components. So, I suppose in the end it's up to you. Chinese products can offer the best deals but its usually at the cost of quality. Though I haven't had any issues with my projectors operation, the lesser quality in the workmanship is obvious. Keep in mind that my opinion is based on a generalization of Chinese products. I don't have any experience with Lightspace specifically. If you do order one from them, be sure to post a review and let us know what you think of them
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

I order 30k scanners from them they are great for the price easy to deal with and if ever an issue they have replaced the item at there cost for shipping.

I have on order one of the new case design "Pluto" from them. When I get it I will check power and post pics of what one gets in it. I was told 5-7 days ship time after I send my cash in. Waiting on paypal transfer. Kind of mad those guys want $39 bucks in paypal fees, wish it would have not invoiced me for paypal fees and just hidden them in the price....but my other options for payment cost just as much. Man the days of free wire transfers are long gone.....
    Last edited by Picasso; 11-16-2011 at 09:00.