Thread: Coherent Sapphire 488-20 OPSL with controller

Default Coherent Sapphire 488-20 OPSL with controller

Up for sale is one lovely Coherent Sapphire OPSL, 20mW@488 nm. Sam's Laser FAQ has the manual for this laser here, and Coherent has a datasheet with specs here.
    Post offers here or PM me. It's a nice laser, and a great way to get the 488nm argon wavelength without the ridiculous power draw of a small argon-ion laser. It's also controllable via RS232.
    I'll also take trades of interesting lasers, preferably big green ones (in the unlikely case that one of you has a Laserscope lying around that you'd like to get rid of ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GEDC0334.JPG  

GEDC0331.JPG  

GEDC0333.JPG  

GEDC0330.JPG  

Lasersam was looking for a controller for one of these, might be worth a msg on alt.lasers or send him an email.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

How many hours are on the head and power supply? Query it with ?c when it is running at p=20 and let me know the result.

I am interested if the price is right.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I can't query the head because I don't have an RS232 cable
    The LEDs tell me the head has between 4K and 5K hours on it.

I have a pending trade on this now. Will post if it goes through.
    Big lasers are awesome

The laser is now sold.

So what did you get as a trade ???
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

It ended up getting sold, not traded.

Fair enough, well done you

I thought for a minute we were going to see some nice pictures of a large frame ion

As much as I would have loved a large frame ion, the logistics of transporting and storing such a beast scare me