Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time Post! Gday peoples! was hopin to get some opions reg Quickshow VS Phoenix

Default First time Post! Gday peoples! was hopin to get some opions reg Quickshow VS Phoenix

Gday Gday,

my name is scott and from Sydney hello!!

just wanted to get some opions on quickshow vs phoniex live? im such a procrastinator and cant decide ..ive been playing around with the demo of phoenix and looks pretty heavy duty in terms of features...im yet to use quickshow (ive used LD2000 but maaaany years back).....

anyone got any advice on which is the better? im mainly looking for beamshows for clubs/raves and maybe some corporate stuff but mainly beamshows...

i dun wana fork out much more than 500-600AUD so both the Quickshow and Phoenix seem to be the go!~ (had a play around with Mamba and not a huge fan hey)

cheers and njoy ur weekend!!

I like Quickshow and I also like Pheonix, but which one is best. There is only one way to find out.....

FIGHT.

Sorry, had a harry hill moment then.

You'll probably get a LOT of recommendations for the Pangolin FB3 QuickShow package on this forum!

A lot of folks here use and are quite happy with it -
    and the Pangolin president is a frequent contributor on the forum, which doesn't hurt!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

cheers guys!!

haha yea i can imagine that might have some bearing :P

the only thing i dont like about phoenix is it looks "cheap" like the layout and GUI....think its time to get the good ol 20c (quarter / pound / euro) out and flip a coin ey...

There will be a demo version of QS out soon.

Fire an email off to Pangolin using their contact web form on their site and they'll fix you up with a demo copy to try I'm sure.

Bill is out of the office all of next week so try targetting another member of the team with the request.

Alexey is usally around most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    There will be a demo version of QS out soon.

Fire an email off to Pangolin using their contact web form on their site and they'll fix you up with a demo copy to try I'm sure.

Bill is out of the office all of next week so try targetting another member of the team with the request.

Alexey is usally around most of the time.
    heya, i literally emailed them like 45 mins ago ahah :P...but i just did the email contact from which was supplied on the pangolin.com site...hopefully they get it...i recon once i try it, its guna make it even more difficult to decide haha..i do quite like phoenix from what ive seen...and i love AKAI APC40 controller u can hook up directly with it...that is pretty damn epic!

I brought it to Bill's attention so hopefully you may hear something soon. I do know for a fact though that he's out all next week.

I tried the Phoenix demo but thought QS better although in all honesty I didn't know how to use Phoenix whereas I had experience of QS already. As Stuka said, nearly everyone on here is a dedicated Pangolin user as its very powerful but easy to use software.

Another good thing about Pangolin is updates are usually free unless its an entirely new programme so with something like QS if they bring out a version 3.0, you will probably get it free. Current QS version 1.0 owners are getting QS 2.0 as a free download.

Most other manufacturers charge for updates.

If you're wondering about the DAC, this is the FB3 - even my mouse is larger!

Other than that its down to you, but I'd advise you to await the QS demo before making a decision and then play with both.
    Last edited by White-Light; 11-12-2010 at 03:49.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I brought it to Bill's attention so hopefully you may hear something soon. I do know for a fact though that he's out all next week.

I tried the Phoenix demo but thought QS better although in all honesty I didn't know how to use Phoenix whereas I had experience of QS already. As Stuka said, nearly everyone on here is a dedicated Pangolin user as its very powerful but easy to use software.

Another good thing about Pangolin is updates are usually free unless its an entirely new programme so with something like QS if they bring out a version 3.0, you will probably get it free. Current QS version 1.0 owners are getting QS 2.0 as a free download.

Most other manufacturers charge for updates.

If you're wondering about the DAC, this is the FB3 - even my mouse is larger!

Other than that its down to you, but I'd advise you to await the QS demo before making a decision and then play with both.
    wow thank you heaps hey, you didnt need to go out of your way but thank you

yeah i def wont make any decisions until i try the demo of QS...crikey! that dongle/fb3 is TINY haha...i guess another thing about QS is that if i were to upgrade to LD2000 at some point, i would be already use to the pangolin style interface/layout ect.

Hi,

Thanks for the kudos WhiteLight and Stuka!

Euphonic (great name by the way), if you are from Australia, then I recieved and responded to your email a minute or so ago.

Also, as Al said, you've got to watch those free updates... Within this industry, Pangolin started the concept of free sofware updates for life in 1986. For people who purchased our FB3 in 2006, they've received every update since then for free, and will continue to do so on into the future. It's not someting we just say, but deliver upon. We'll be coming out with an update for LD2000, which will mark 11 years of free updates for that product alone!

By contrast, you should ask around because as far as I know, some competitors have held out their hand, asking for more money for updates, twice in less than a one year period!

You can get a sense of what can be done with QuickShow in only six minutes here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZzDw0dzSA0

As for the Akai, I think it does *something* with QuickShow, but it's not quite integrated as it could be. That's someting we'll work on for the next update, because we know there is a lot of interest from users of that device.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi Euphoric-

I have used phoenix and i use Pangolin. In all honesty, the pangolin software is much more powerful in my opinion and it allows you to get from "point A" to "point B" *MUCH* easier. Dont get me wrong, phoneix is good software, im not bad mouthing it. for me though, it was *WAAAAY* too involved and confusing to do even basic manipulations.

The newer version of QS (2.0) is an extremely powerful and easy to use software for laserists. live performances and even pre-programmed (choreographed) shows are a breeze with the FB3.

All of the updates you get and all of the support you would get here from users and pangolin themselves is worth the cost of the unit itself.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems