Thread: PT-ITRUST ilda problem

Default PT-ITRUST ilda problem

Hi everybody,
    I meet a problem with a PT-Itrust board.
    To be short, when I use it in auto/music mode, everything is OK. Nice pictures.
    As soon as I want to use it with the ilda connector, galvos (20kkps) start to make very bad things and the board stop. I'm plugged on the LPT port. I'm using He-laserscan software. My question is, is there a special DLL for this card, or is there a modification to do.
    Hope someone will be able to help me!
    Warm regards!
    Gilles

Are you going to post in all laser forum you will find ?

you are making a error ! just read few post on whatever forum and you will find your error.

But for now...You must stop pluging your laser on your // port !

Hi,
    Oh, sorry if I hurt someone. I just posted in 2 forums, this one, and one in French.
    I don't want to make any forum pollution.
    So if I understand, my board is not made for LPT port. That's right?
    Whatever thanks for your answer.
    Regards.
    Gilles

No problem Gilles, you are welcome ;-)

but sure your board is not a lpt port it's an ILDA port, and you must add a "dac" between computer and laser

Default pt-itrust

Hi, i also use the pt-itrust board to connect my stuff.
    It is from Phenixtechnology and is used to get its input from an ilda compatible digital to analog convertor which usually is a box with an lpt like port on one side and an usb connector on the other.
    For example, Phenix delivers a set with pt-itrust and ishow inclusive the controller.
    i don't use the ishow controller and this is a nice low-budget starter version with the software if you are interested.

please take a look here for more info on phenix its products:
    www.phenixtechnology.com

Michel

Hi,
    Thank you for your very interesting answers, I thought the DB25 on the board was to connect to a PC and the board was a DAC. I was wrong!
    I have this card and galvos from a person who started a RGB laser project, but unfortunately, life doesn't let him the time to finish. I don't where the components come from and I have really few informations. Up to you I can find informations!
    Regards!
    Gilles