Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 635nm C mount diode GB 10 slots available round one

Default 635nm C mount diode GB 10 slots available round one

Here is the GB on a few 635nm diodes. These are "C" mount packages with fast axis lens {FAC} installed onto the diode. This is the best price I have received to this point and am considering trade with this company. The diode specs are as follows....

Part Number Specification Quantity Price
    LD-635-500m-C-FAC 635nm/500mw/C-mount/FAC Lens/100um*1um emitter size
    1 to 10pcs USD280.00

Please post here with name and quantity desired. I would like to get this sealed and closed by Friday, 19 November. An invoice request for the diodes will then be sent to the manu. They will then foreward the total bill of items with shipping fees to me. I will then PM you details for closing the GB first round and please have funds at the ready. This way I can get the funds wired to them and they can begin the process of getting all in order. I was told 1 to 2 weeks after the order was placed and payment sent , they would ship out from there. The first GB order will be limited to 10 pieces. This is for the diodes alone. You will need to provide a clean working invironment for the final assembly of the device and TEC cooling is paramount with this type of diode. Full specs will be available. The diode should be one of the few last components being installed. I will send a note to Bill at Pangolin to see if a Lasorb solution is available for these. Your name will be added to this post accordingly. This is that you agree to share all fees, diodes and shipping costs, from the manu to me evenly. Shipping from me to you will be your cost and will be via the USPS Priority mail only and will be packaged
    properly and secure. I have had no issues with this service and suggest it.

Mecheng3 - 1 pcs
    Hemlock Mike - 1pcs
    Doc - 1pcs
    Junktronix - 2 pcs
    RGB-Gas - 1 pcs
    Last edited by MechEng3; 11-17-2010 at 15:45. Reason: GB total
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

initially I'll take 1 to play with.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Default diode

i would love to join in on this but i wont have the cash till xmas, i could go for it if i did not mind the missus beating me with 2x4
    so will opt out for now and join the next one if there is one

Laser Warning Where are you? The ones that wanted a diode?

The sooner this order is placed..the sooner we get red. Lets get this going!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    The sooner this order is placed..the sooner we get red. Lets get this going!
    C mount fear I suspect.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    C mount fear I suspect.
    Pansies.....scared of a little diode. Huh. I thought this a was laser geek forum?

Ok kidding aside....mount the diode onto the side of a block of ally on a TEC with one screw. That's all. Hard mount your optic{s} out beyond the diode after focusing them. Piece of cake. To make things easier.....Take the B&W Tech blue laser heads that were going for real cheap...like $25 each broken/low power. There you have a TEC cooled mount and housing with a TEC controller for $25 bucks. Strip the head of everything but the rear diode mount wich you will use..swap diodes out using ESD precautions, only one wire lead to solder. Rewire to your favorite Drlava driver. Cover output hole with AR coated glass from EO or Anchor. Just keep everything clean, clean, and clean. How simple is that? With a little planning anyone here can do this easily. Now come on....lets get going here. No excuses now. I have contacted Bill at Pango about a Lasorb for this diode as well.

what was that about the B&W Tech blue laser??? i must be living in a totally different universe.. could you please point me towards a link?

They were somewhat an e-bay item a few months ago...there are probably a few lying about somewhere. I have one but it is going to emit red photons soon. Like this.....http://cgi.ebay.com/473-nm-Blue-Lase...item33605d5d13 But the ones I am talking about were low power and considered broken as is.

Any good DPSS laser could become a host for this diode with planning.

ok, got it!!! this is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/NONFUNCTIONING-4...#ht_500wt_1156

thanks ME3

ME3 --- IIRC, there were a bunch who expressed interest in these diodes.
    I've always noticed a lack of committment in GB's here and on LPF. Everyone talks big until they have to show the cash.
    Come on you guys, commit and make this GB happen.

HMike