Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Galvos

Default Chinese Galvos

Chinese Galvos are in:

Reserving judgement until I can fully test them.

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Is there a translator in the house?

damn that is a nice galvo
    I like the mount for that one !!

No more problem with aiming the galvos correctly :P :P

Hi Spec,
    Are these the ones from the eBay auction DT-40s?

The base apears to be brass and then an additional aluminum heat sink on top? These puppies must generate a great deal of heat. Is it normal (showing my ignorance again) to have so much heat generated from galvos?

Thanks!

I guess the high speed on the galvo makes them hot ?

Quote Originally Posted by ElGordito
    Hi Spec,
    Are these the ones from the eBay auction DT-40s?

The base apears to be brass and then an additional aluminum heat sink on top? These puppies must generate a great deal of heat. Is it normal (showing my ignorance again) to have so much heat generated from galvos?

Thanks!
    Hey there.

Yes, they are DT-40's Pretty neat little guys. Almost an exact copy of cambridge galvos.

Even the ohm count on the coil measures the same.

Cambridge scanners are better designed with full metal housing and quad PD detection system(These are dual PD) but these look to be damn near spot on as far as mechanics go. Will be testing the galvos under a clean dac later this week and then we can see just how good the copy is.

The cambridge galvos generate a "noticable" amount of heat when under full load.(havent tested these yet)

The main reason why the heatsinks are overkill on these things is because after a certain temperature the magnets lose their ability to work permanently.(curie temperature if i remember my conversation with Turtle correctly) Basically, the faster you suck out the heat the better.

Peak current is about 2A, coil resistance is 4.2 ohm over some really tiny 36-38 AWG wire. 10v p-p to boot. So yea, They can get warm.

As far as I can tell there is no functional difference between these and camtech units. One "specwhore" problem I see now is that there is a slight light leak around the back baseplate that could confuse the PD system.

Guess Ill find out later this week.

Liteglow: Your galvos are pretty large and I imagine heavy. something tells me the entire housing is one giant heatsink. Couple that with lower wattage to the coil and I can imagine they dont even get above room temperature.

when do you shipp ?

I can feel christmas is coming again..

Hey Spec - I can try to help you translate - i speak Japanese not Chinese, but a lot of the characters are similar so I can probably eke out the jist of it for you -

-Josh

any results on the tests yet?