Thread: Mobolazer G-Beam 8 Channel DMX Board

Laser Warning Mobolazer G-Beam 8 Channel DMX Board

FOR SALE - I have a circuit board from a Mobolazer Lil G'Beam laser beam table. It works perfectly and has 8 channels of switched output. A DMX input controls the 8 outputs which individually change state from OFF to ON. The dmx address (0 to 512) is selected via a dip switch. There are also some built-in chase patterns for operation without a DMX controller...but this is of limited use if you just want a DMX to TTL controller rather than a beam table.

Mobolazer originally used the board to drive 8 small dc motors (cassette deck type) with flags attached to the end of small aluminum arms. These are NOT included in the sale. The outputs are switched through TIP 120 transistors and are great for switching effects in/out of beams, remote on/off of fog, strobes, etc. The board uses an Intel 80c31 microprocessor and is ready to use in your project. The program is stored in a 27c64-120 ROM chip, which is in a socket rather than soldered in place. I have thought about writing new assembly code for it but what is the point...it does what it is supposed to do already. Vcc is 5vdc. There is also an on board driver for a laser diode with TTL modulation input on the board. Laser current is adjustable through a multiturn potentiometer. There is also a 5v output (constant - not switched ) for a cooling fan. All I/O connections are on multi pin headers for easy connect/disconnect.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0271.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	21457 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0270.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	21455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0269.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	21456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0268.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	21453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0265.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	21458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0266.jpg 
Views:	14 
ID:	21454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0272.jpg 
Views:	10 
ID:	21459

I have used this board to directly drive 8 red 10mw diodes in a home made R-Beam laser. I have also used it to control various other things (Halloween) via DMX. You can see a video of the actual circuit board I am selling here ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NUZtIG8pr8 which shows an 8 led bar graph chasing to indicate which output is active. This is not included in the sale.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'd like to get $50 + shipping for it. Make me a cash offer, or let me know what interesting trades you have. I am always looking for HIGH END SYSTEMS/LIGHTWAVE RESEARCH Laser Chorus & Viper Laser parts, AMBER & ORANGE HeNe & power supply for laser chorus, and I could also use four 5mm x 10mm mirrors for my cheap 12k galvos. I am located in New Orleans and will ship it properly packed in bubble wrap.

Thanks,
    Eric

Thumbs up Just what I was looking for...

SOLD!

PM sent.

Adam

Damnit Adam! I wanted that board lol =/ I have a bunch of HENE's for trade, some from laserscopes too!

-Allen

you are fast very nice

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rgb-gas View Post
    you are fast
    Yeah, my wife keeps telling me that too!

Jeff, you're familiar with the project that this board will be going in. Remember that partial beam-rail I got from you over a year ago? Yup... That's what this baby is for!

Adam

I saw this right after he posted and and was hoping someone would buy it so I didn't have to

great deal!!