Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Want to buy cheap 20~30k ILDA laser projector

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    Dont think much people from the netherlands - overijssel are registered here
    There are some very prominent Dutch Laserists on here.

McCarrot works with LaserImage and Hugo Bunk.

Francesco is a Pangolin Dealer.

Many of the others are very prominent and valued members on here who produce wonderful home shows and or professional club shows.

This recent show by Hobbybob outdoors at a BBQ:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hobbybob...14/HYzT42ukYCg

and another done by him at a LAN:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hobbybob.../4/lqVkxVR5XC4

Its a time lapse. Outdoor shows are notoriously difficult because of the porblems of containing the fog which simply drifts away often as fast as its applied.

I'm sure there are members in the NL who would be able to help you and give you demonstrations of their systems and software.
    Last edited by White-Light; 11-18-2010 at 15:22.

That is how i got to spend a lot of money, once you get to know these guys you get so over enthousiastically addicted you want more more more.

i started out with a cheap all inclusive chinese kit bought at www.chinesedepartmentstore.com which is a galvo scanner set from spacelas pt-30k and drivers and an ilda/dmx board to connect everything to in combination with a cheap software/controller package ishow.
    i put this toghether on a piece of plastic board which had holes in it, normally used to put equipment on the wall, and was able to do amazing graphics, text, rolls etc.. in one color.

2nd i put in a dichro and red and had my 2 color lasershow

then i wanted better quality and purchased an easylase 2 usb
    also wanted better software so purchased spaghetti
    now i bought a blue to make it rgb
    so i need another dichro and holders

but it is so much fun

yes you can buy a prebuild kit and if you only want to do cartoon rgb graphics and some text it can be done with 20k scanners and not so powerfull lasers and you are on your way but you will not be able to upgrade much since it is always put in a small enough box so no room left for improvement.

i also live in the netherlands, utrecht, and you are welcom to see what i am up so far

did i mention that i also bought the lasercam software to put the cameraview in laser up on the wall hehehe, just getting better.

well that is it for now, enjoy your search and go where we all went before !

Michel

I can get this for 670 dollar with DHL shipping included:
    25Kpps galvo's.
    1W RGB (really red green and blue(445nm))
    ILDA
    DMX
    Sound activation mode.
    in this host:

for 570 dollar i can buy a projector with same specs but it has a RGV with 500mw's.

tell me

Ofcource these are chinese galvo's but the woman on msn said they test the output before its being shipped. And if i dont like the galvos, ive heard its pretty easy to upgrade right?
    Again this is higher then my damn budget. Shit! But if this finally some better then i suggested before...
    Like i said if i like it im not afraid to buy real galvos (if its easy to upgrade), a dac and quality software.

And thanks michiel and the other guys but utrecht is to far away. Will try to contact some dutchies

1W RGB (really red green and blue(445nm))
    Given that the 445 could be 1W on its own, what are the powers of all the modules and wavelength of the red?

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    ....Like i said if i like it im not afraid to buy real galvos (if its easy to upgrade), a dac and quality software...
    "Easy to upgrade" depends on a LOT of factors when it comes to replacing major components inside the projector, be it lasers or the scanners.

Things to consider - which you may not be able to determine until you see a similar projector - would include suitability of power supplies; room to mount a replacement power supply, if needed; access to the mounting hardware for the scanners; your comfort level in taking on some rewiring and scanner tuning, etc.

I'll think you'll find that in general, very few things are "plug and play" when it comes to laser projector component repair or replacement.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, this tends to be a money and labor-intensive hobby....
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-21-2010 at 14:38.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

@ Borg, Sighs. Think I'll keep out of this thread from now on as words of wisdom seem to be wasted.

Wish you all of the luck with your purchase, you'll probably need it!

BTW I have done cheap, I once did Laserworld.....

If you insist on going cheap, I still think NRG is your best bet as they're an ILDA corporate member and being UK based, there won't be import tax to an EU country.

However, its your money to risk as you see fit.

i know you are not good or confident with doing diy, but you should start sometime.
    Just buy a set of galvos a nice laser and have fun and as you get better and more money upgrade.
    If you start with quality over quantity you will be much happier.
    those chines you get all the parts but lose out on quality.
    With doing it yourself you get quality but you will have to work your way up, over time to have all the components.
    Getting 1 laser and a set of galvos workings is very easy.
    Play with that til you understand it then once you do add in another color and work with that then add another.
    You will learn in steps.
    But this way you will have the quality you want and the ability to do it, rather than them handing you a working projector and when it breaks not knowing what to do.
    It will be money wasted.
    The knowledge gained will be well worth the time.
    I love my projector, i love that i know i can build them.
    i can make optic mounts heatsinks plates every part i can make or fix.
    So if something goes wrong i know i can fix it,
    I gained all of that by building it all slowly over time.
    Good luck if you do buy it.
    I hope it lives long and works the way you want it, if it breaks hopefully it wont be overwhelming when you try to fix it.

White-Light i can also sigh...
    Understand that i have a limited budget, and i even made it larger because g-ad payment...

and @kiyoukan: Sorry man but i dont want to try building those things...That sounds way to hard.
    my technical level is that im able to replace a trigger of a airgun, and replace a part on the inside of a RC helicopter.
    But if its not that hard il try to replace galvo's on the projector i am gonna purchase.
    Il just make some photos and ask if it would be possible.

See the very first post of this topic. i am on a budget, and i need a BUDGET laser projector. the best there is for that amount of money. Ive heard the wisdom of that i wont get something high tech and quality....but hey it can get me started to see if its for me, to see the inside, how that stuff works etc...

So my budget is now not 450 dollar, but 650 if its really nessacary.
    again, i do not want to build a unit, but search a RGB/RGV device with ILDa and the best there is for that price.
    Thats what i always wanted to know from this thread...

I dont want to sound like a idiot who does not listen to your experiences. but if i will make this my hobby il have to put aside another. thats why if its something for me, i can spend more time on this, and money.

Hopefully you understand and maby have something in mind for my new budget... thanks.

i would say you have found the best of what your budget allows.
    The only way you might be able to get n better or cheaper is to find a used unit.
    Everytime i upgrade my projector i sell the old.
    Go to the BST area and post buying used projectors.
    and even post dont need working galvos.
    That way if your going to replace them they might shave a bit off.
    Good luck and i hope they give you enough to make you happy.
    If you need advice im on skype and have a web cam, so if you have one as well i can show you how to adjust or replace most parts.

So my budget is now not 450 dollar, but 650 if its really nessacary
    Don't forget import duties/customs handling fees