Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad red arrangement

Quote Originally Posted by laser_freak View Post
    My galvo mirrors are 6mm x 10mm. I'm using 2 LOC diodes and 2 HL6385DG 150mw 642nm diodes.

I know the basics of choosing a lens; a large focal length will output a large beam with a small divergence while a small FL will output a small initial beam with a large divergence.

However, I can't find any specifications for the lens27, but am I correct in assuming that they are a short FL lens?
    they have stopped making the len 27 npw so you will need to find a different lens

if you galvo mirrors are 6mm wide then a 6mm wide beam is not good for you
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    There are some super duper lens on the way keep an eye on the forum over the next few weeks don't know to much about them yet.
    but with a four diode setup like this. # , you should get a 3.5x3.5 beam or better
    Who's organizing the production and selling of these lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    they have stopped making the len 27 npw so you will need to find a different lens

if you galvo mirrors are 6mm wide then a 6mm wide beam is not good for you
    What would this different lens be if I don't use a telescope? A lens with a short FL, producing a thin beam with a large divergence?

Quote Originally Posted by laser_freak View Post
    Who's organizing the production and selling of these lenses?

What would this different lens be if I don't use a telescope? A lens with a short FL, producing a thin beam with a large divergence?

i am not says a name at the moment just in case he gets loads of pm's disturbing him from task in hand no doubt a group buy will appear soon enough.
    these new lens will not need the use of telescope unless your planning a 8+ diode setup
    if you cant wait mccarrot sell collimator that are good but they cost a lot
    these new lens will be about 45usd but you get what you pay for in this hobby
    at the moment there's not to much of a good choice now that lens 27 has gone
    you could try the g2 lens i hear they are not to bad for the money
    but i am waiting for the new one's to build a 1w 640nm

it seems to me that the modelling part of my brain is underfunctioning today, so i'll resort to you all

supposing that i have a quad red with beams stacked like # and i get a second one, stacked like # again. Then, i try to combine both of them through a pbs.

q1. will the outcome still be a # with two diodes feeding each line of the # ??? or i will have a 3+3+1+1 result (in terms of diodes feeding the lines)

q2. supposing that in each quad there is already one pbs, will the external pbs do anything funny to the beam?

Yea split it by 50% . Think of pol pbs combining as a one time thing. You only get one shot.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Dear Lanek,

When using a PBS (Polarized Beam Splitter) cube you can only use beams that are polarized the same, so on one side you go in like this: || and on the other side you go in like this: =
    Then the output is #.

It's not possible to to that again and then feed together, you could however build a 2 quads were one is |||| and the other is:
    =
    =

But not # and # together. Once it's # you loose the power of either the horizontal or vertical polarized when you shoot through a cube again, hence no need for the extra pair of diodes.

So you can only combine once to have a H+V beam consisting of a H and a V-beam...
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Default lens

hey dimitri
    and dont forget if you going to have four beams stcked IIII your going to need telescope lens setup to get that lot on your scanner mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    , you could however build a 2 quads were one is |||| and the other is:
    =
    =
    But not # and # together

that much i was able to figure out myself, but then i didn't want to resort to the telescope below

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    hey dimitri
    and dont forget if you going to have four beams stcked IIII your going to need telescope lens setup to get that lot on your scanner mirrors
    thanks to all for your input on this!

Default telescope

why did you not want to use a telescope ??
    a good lens on the red and telescope you would still have a better divergence than any green laser
    what diodes you plan on using ?
    i moved to using 640nm diodes ,over loc 660nm 1x640nm = 3x660nm
    and looks much nicer too

it is just a matter of simplicity of design, but it does look inevitable if i want 8 diodes. maybe i could do 6 with a good lens and get away without telescopics.

i was thinking the lpc-815. is it worth to try the 405-g-2 with red, or the losses are a no-go? any source for 640diodes? and the cost?

the 815s are tempting, mainly because they are cheap. my plan is something like start cheap, figure out all the mechanics, lenses and psus etc and then swap gradually to 640