Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Darwin Award Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Here's one for the awards-
    Oi vey... Perfect for fostering a fresh new crop of Transient Teen Arsonists...
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    years-long research had been done on the bioeffects of a much 'fuller range' of laser-emissions (far UV to far IR, etc..) I don't seem to remember reading about any cases of laser light, itself, ever having-caused cancer... most of the emphasis was (rationally) focused-on the range of corneal hazards, and 'immediate' skin hazards
    I probably am worrying unecessarilly but anything that pentrates and damages cells from the inside out seems to me to be potentially damaging from a DNA POV. Maybe the pentration is restricted entirely to the cells being totally destroyed which is why its not a problem.

At the very least thats one very nasty looking burn - looks near enough full thickness in the centre and I'd imagine it's on the edge of the skin graft ball park. Even if grafts aren't necessary thats certainly a scar for life.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogenman15 View Post
    BTW: I think you need to die (or not be able to reproduce) to qualify for a Darwin Award.
    I don't think that would be a lot of trouble with the Wicked Arctic. It just depends on your aim.