Thread: Dr Lava's Correction Optics, With pics

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Dr Lava's Correction Optics, With pics

A gen I 445 Lavalaser.

I'm NOT done adjusting, I think I can do better. Two Watts of 445 using Dr Lava's optics. This was adjusted indoors at short range and then taken outside for a test. I'm not standing outside in the rain at 36' F and 92% RH and adjusting optics for the obvious reasons.

Distance is 64 meters/210 feet. Grid spacing is 20 mm. Some minor stray light is negated by the flash. Please forgive the low dynamic range and poor F number of my 2 megapixel CX6230 camera. It does make the beam appear somewhat fatter then it is, because of the poor dynamic range. This is without active cooling, although the module has a provision for it, I do not have it implemented. I also let things run very warm to keep the condensing RH conditions from messing up the diode windows. There is mode structure in the beam, that suggests divergence measured according to classic convention will be is somewhat less then the pics. The curved left edge can be corrected some what with a piece of shim, again, its raining.

In other words, do NOT assume this is the best these optics can do. They CAN do better.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0425.JPG  

100_0426.JPG  

100_0427.JPG  

100_0431.JPG  

Last edited by mixedgas; 11-30-2010 at 17:27.

"Some minor stray light is negated by the flash" .... LOL...... blimey Steve ! .... YOU.. taking pics of a lightbeam with a FLASH !!

I am a curious cat

How about a pic of the other end of that beam ..

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 12-02-2010 at 01:52.