Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: What Kind of DAC + Laser Software?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    3

    Default What Kind of DAC + Laser Software?

    Hi,
    I'm a Newbe in Laser I got a Laserworld CS-500RGY and I need a controller and Software for my Laptop.Is there any differents between Chinese Interface or 150,-US from Riva ?
    I need also a Software what is the best Deal?The In Build Laser graphic Show is flickering maybe i'ts would be better whit a better Software or is it the Projector?
    Any Advice ??

    Thank you
    Peter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default software

    first wellcome to the forum
    second laser world ,dam they see you coming not always a good choice to make

    everyone is going to say go for pangolin fb3 and quickshow its good and easy to use

    myself i prefer lds pro and the riya dac and at about 320 from dr lava is an absolute bargain software needs some learning but andrew(dr larva ) help me through being a noob
    to lds pro

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default interface

    BTW keep well away from the chinese ishow dac , it will make you miserable because
    its a pile of shit
    it just not worth going cheap in this laser hobby, you get what you pay for

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I can get the Pangolin Quickshow for about 500,.USD plus Tax 50,- it's looks easyer for me
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Pangolin-FB3-QS-Q...item2c581d09de What is about theRIYA MultiBus Lite is it better than the Quickshow Interface? do I get also Free Software forthat,so I can safe Bucks ?


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default dac

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamboking View Post
    I can get the Pangolin Quickshow for about 500,.USD plus Tax 50,- it's looks easyer for me
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Pangolin-FB3-QS-Q...item2c581d09de What is about theRIYA MultiBus Lite is it better than the Quickshow Interface? do I get also Free Software forthat,so I can safe Bucks ?
    the best alrounder for a noob and semi pro is the pangolin fb3 with quick show , i would go for that
    its awesome software very easy to use compaired to anything else out there 95% of pl will recomend it as do i, lds you need to be a little clever and paitent to use its hard to learn
    but very powerfull, more for the pro's, which is what i am not , i just happen to like it
    but i will get a pangolin again one day soon i hope

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Another Question,is it normal that the build in Show is flickering ?When I will use the Quickshow,will be the Image better,sharper?This Projecter has :
    Output power: min. 350mW, max 500mW,
    min >80mW / 532nm (green); >270mW / 655nm (red)
    * Lasers: DPSS laser (green), laser diode (red)
    * Laser class: 3b
    * Beam properties: 3mm/1mrad
    * Scanner system: fast galvo system for well projection quality
    * Deflection angle: max. 40 optical
    * Scanspeed: max. 25.000pps
    * Control mode: ILDA, DMX 512, Live Play @ Music (sound controlled programmes)
    * DMX 512: 12 channels
    * Basic patterns: 128 (layers, tunnels, fences, animations, graphics, fonts...)
    * Effects: more than 50.000 different laser effects
    * Laser Safety: compliance to IEC 60825-1
    * accessories: power cable, manual, key
    * power supply: 85~250V AC, 50/60Hz
    * power consumption: 50W
    * measurements: 410 x 280 x 210 mm (L x W x H)
    So ,will the Show be better with the Software than with the Sound or Automatic Mode?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,700

    Default

    Go to the Pangolin Website, fill out the contact form and request a demo version of QS.

    You won't be disappointed.

    Its a very easy interface and it looks very simple but dig underneath and there's a lot of powerful features such as BAM's (Beam Attenuation Mapping).

    http://www.pangolin.com/QS/about/con.../contactus.php

    As for the flickering I'm not sure so I'll let others answer. Unfortunately Laserworld don't have a good reputation for quality on here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default scan sped

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamboking View Post
    Another Question,is it normal that the build in Show is flickering ?When I will use the Quickshow,will be the Image better,sharper?This Projecter has :
    Output power: min. 350mW, max 500mW,
    min >80mW / 532nm (green); >270mW / 655nm (red)
    * Lasers: DPSS laser (green), laser diode (red)
    * Laser class: 3b
    * Beam properties: 3mm/1mrad
    * Scanner system: fast galvo system for well projection quality
    * Deflection angle: max. 40 optical
    * Scanspeed: max. 25.000pps
    * Control mode: ILDA, DMX 512, Live Play @ Music (sound controlled programmes)
    * DMX 512: 12 channels
    * Basic patterns: 128 (layers, tunnels, fences, animations, graphics, fonts...)
    * Effects: more than 50.000 different laser effects
    * Laser Safety: compliance to IEC 60825-1
    * accessories: power cable, manual, key
    * power supply: 85~250V AC, 50/60Hz
    * power consumption: 50W
    * measurements: 410 x 280 x 210 mm (L x W x H)
    So ,will the Show be better with the Software than with the Sound or Automatic Mode?
    these days 40kpps is the norm not to much flicker there,
    flicker can be also caused by complex patterns alot lot of laser systems get flicker at times its just a case of how bad
    i could just be down to the cheap dmx board used
    but as you have a laser world projector throw away that spec sheet its all lies
    if they say say 25kpps that means they are 12kpps cheap chinese ones that could proberly only do 25k at a very low scan angle(scan angle is also a big part of flicker)
    and if you scan set is not tuned well can be real bad flicker
    to cut along story short no one on pl will touch laserworld with a barge pole ,alot of bad experiences have been had by most that have owned one ,sorry to be the bearer of bad news, do a search on here of laser world and see what i mean,
    that said if they are a true 25k scan set you should do quiet well with the pango fb3
    its just a case of suck it and see, you could always get somone to upgrade the scanners
    there some good one out there for little money

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    You could always get somone to upgrade the scanners
    there some good one out there for little money
    Bad bad bad idea to upgrade the scanners on a laserworld. It would be like throwing good money after bad, as probably the rest of the components would be of similar quality. i will try to find time to post some pics of a laserworld green 100mw 20kpps with the covers taken off, for you to see what is inside

    i don't know about the expensive units, but the cheap ones turn out to be too expensive for their money


    thanks for the rest of your answers badger, you sure answer a lot of questions i also have here http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ust-controller

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    149

    Default

    minimum power? Laserworld is often below even the stated minimum, dude you have been ripped off. no software is gonna improve those machines, in fact the presets often have less points than you will find in software.

    ie software based shows will flicker more as they are often tuned to 30/40k and chances are yr scanners are 12k, also you will find the modules have the power ratings blacked out.

    I wouldnt expect much life from that so you need to be careful that you have the right hardware before you spend out on software....

    my advice is sell it on ebay and build something decent, in the long run it will be much more satisfying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •