Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RGB beam table

Hey Mr A -

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    I really didn't think beam tables were that neat til...
    Heh, well that's prolly cause you never dun' seen a REAL beam-table, ie:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...1&d=1200521300

- Cap'n Pat, you got anything of yer puppy, in-action? All I got is this shot of one of Terrys' boxes, but I think it still makes the 'point' -

...They just don't make 'em like they *used* to... (and yeah, I know, I know - the 'thing was 350#s and needed a trailer-full of utilities to make it do it's thing'... ).. but, IMO - it was *worth it*... spectacular-results, that 'Mobos' - all due-respect - can't even touch...

...M-W, Glad you, too, have been bitten by the 'table-bug'...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

could it actually fire all the turrets with multiple colors at once like that?

if I could get a huge red then I would consider making the mobos RGB...

for now I think 532/445 will do fine... was thinking of replacing some of the 50/50 beam splitters on the turrets with dichros so I could fire green/blue down the beam rail and get blue and green individually at the same time

hey fle-man...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    Nah, most-certainly just a slight 'time-exposure' on the shot... but, in any case, you could (with a really fast-chase and a ton of bounce mirrors in a venue) make it *almost* seem like a 15-20 po. table was 'all-up', cause, with 'persistence of vision', by the time all the beams finished 'extinguishing' thru a long bounce-path, the next pos. would be 'up and out', and you would, literally, feel like the room was 'full of beams'.... very Coolicious...

if I could get a huge red then I would consider making the mobos RGB...
    I assume you mean 'huge' in terms-of power, not beam-dia? Why not make up one of those very-fine 'andy_con-style' 4 or 6-bangers? too much $$?

was thinking of replacing some of the 50/50 beam splitters on the turrets with dichros so I could fire green/blue down the beam rail and get blue and green individually at the same time
    excellent-idea...and there are prolly quite a few of those dichros out-there, with many of the ML-tables, being 'optimized' for the old multi-line Air-cooled Argons...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Nah, most-certainly just a slight 'time-exposure' on the shot... but, in any case, you could (with a really fast-chase and a ton of bounce mirrors in a venue) make it *almost* seem like a 15-20 po. table was 'all-up', cause, with 'persistence of vision', by the time all the beams finished 'extinguishing' thru a long bounce-path, the next pos. would be 'up and out', and you would, literally, feel like the room was 'full of beams'.... very Coolicious...
    ya thats kinda what I figured... the actuators on the mobos are fairly fast but I find most DMX boards are not for some reason... when I talk to it through the Pangolin it just feels like it responds quicker

I assume you mean 'huge' in terms-of power, not beam-dia? Why not make up one of those very-fine 'andy_con-style' 4 or 6-bangers? too much $$?
    I feel like if I cant put a ton of power its just not worth it... I am talking about like at least 3+W of red... my projector has 2.5W of red and its barely visible to me... plus ya I am still paying off my RRGBB so spending $$$ on big reds really isnt an option right now

excellent-idea...and there are prolly quite a few of those dichros out-there, with many of the ML-tables, being 'optimized' for the old multi-line Air-cooled Argons...
    onestop has dichros that are the same size as the beam splitters on the mobo so I figure I can pick up some of those for each one

The sequencer that is built into my (pats) control does it all fast enough that it can appear all are all on at the same time to the eye. I'll grab a picture later. The colors get skewed as the lasers can;t modulate fast enough to match the speed of the the actuators.
    leading in trailing technology

mobo laser is not gm-20's polishedballs projector is (its not mine anymore PB you can call it yours)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Here are some quick pics of the appearance of all on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	be1s.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	21515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bes.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	21516

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    mobo laser is not gm-20's polishedballs projector is (its not mine anymore PB you can call it yours)
    uh, duh? so whats your point?

uh, duh? so whats your point?
    well i guess if i had to have a point, it would be that... i would assume that speed, position accuracy and dampening capabilities of a gm-20 would exceed the performance of a solenoid based mobo allowing a more precise and faster sequencing of the positions offering an illusion of them being on simultaneously...i guess
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

A daytime shot, my cheaper TTL pj running in a safe area with KJ running around. My main PJ uses the white wall as well as theater projector for movies and tv. Yes you do feel the explosions