Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RGB beam table

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    well i guess if i had to have a point, it would be that... i would assume that speed, position accuracy and dampening capabilities of a gm-20 would exceed the performance of a solenoid based mobo allowing a more precise and faster sequencing of the positions offering an illusion of them being on simultaneously...i guess
    then obviously you didn't read my post correctly... perhaps I should clarify

my point was the mobolazers are FASTER than my DMX BOARD since i can ACTUATE THE MOBOLAZER FASTER from my PANGOLIN than my DMX BOARD

Last edited by flecom; 11-20-2010 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    A daytime shot, my cheaper TTL pj running in a safe area with KJ running around. My main PJ uses the white wall as well as theater projector for movies and tv. Yes you do feel the explosions

is that a giant beanbag? awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    is that a giant beanbag? awesome!
    Yes, it is 10' arcoss 3~4' high.
    leading in trailing technology

then obviously you didn't read my post correctly... perhaps I should clarify

my point was the mobolazers are FASTER than my DMX BOARD since i can ACTUATE THE MOBOLAZER FASTER from my PANGOLIN than my DMX BOARD

shows how far behind i was...i was talking about the pic of johns full color when i think you asked if they were all on at the same time.

hang in there...i'll catch up im a little ar-tarded hehe
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    im a little ar-tarded hehe
    It's ok, Cap'n... about every 28 days or so, Frank gets a 'liiittle cranky', if ya know what I mean... He'll get over it, soon...

JUST KIDDING FLE!!!! I can 'bust yer pelotas', cause I'm sending you something (free) in the mail, tomorrow.. so I know you'll 'forgive me'....

Cap'n Pat - you got any shots of yer Amazing Table, in-action? (I know it likely won't be 'video', but any still-shots, perhaps?) I'd love to see... All I've got of our older 20-pos'n tables, in-action, is some clips on 'VHS-C'... never got-around to converting to digi-format... maybe someday...

JM, lookin good, Mang!
    kit..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    It's ok, Cap'n... about every 28 days or so, Frank gets a 'liiittle cranky', if ya know what I mean... He'll get over it, soon...
    dude between family issues/illnesses, work and the small uprising I had on the message board I mod (had to go all nazi moderator on their asses) I am very much in need of a vacation

oh and I love surprises

as long as its not

plus my projectors are my babies, I will defend them to the death lol

Cool

dude between family issues/illnesses, work and the small uprising I had on the message board I mod (had to go all nazi moderator on their asses) I am very much in need of a vacation
    Understood, no worries... I just was teasing over the 'Force 10 from Navarone'-reaction to Cap'n Pat's observations about the GM20-speed vs Mobos' soli's...

...and I hear ya about 'bad weeks' - this past-week, I... aww, it don' matter...So, I hear ya on the 'suckky-week'-thing, man.... Maybe this week will be better...

oh and I love surprises...as long as its not
    Hah, well, no worries... besides - how in the *world* would I send 'SBS' thru the mail??? (I think that's a federal crime, anyway... SBS via US Mail?

plus my projectors are my babies, I will defend them to the death lol
    Sure. But Pat's still right. (inherently, the GM20s can be pushed-faster than the ML-motors...) however, your point was certainly valid, and I do 'get it' - it would be interesting to see how the 'OEM' ML driver-board compares to Pango-driven-stepping, with the same ML-table... is that what you tried? Or..?

Anyhoo, JM, sorry for mucking-up yer nice thread...
    peace...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-22-2010 at 02:47. Reason: redacted... ;)
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Sure. But Pat's still right. (inherently, the GM20s can be pushed-faster than the ML-motors...) however, your point was certainly valid, and I do 'get it' - it would be interesting to see how the 'OEM' ML driver-board compares to Pango-driven-stepping, with the same ML-table... is that what you tried? Or..?
    no I mean like most DMX boards I have tried when I run the chases really really fast they seem to "lag" on the mobos... but when I drive it from the pangolin I can drive it so quickly that it looks like every turret is on... so I think my DMX boards just suck lol

but hey they are cheap, I cant afford anything else for like another year lol

and yes, I apologize for the thread hijack also lol

yep! - check this little puppy-out: http://www.lasershs.com/DMX_Receiver...s_8Channel.htm ...and also (though you already have the DMX > TTL, correct?) their 'PICPro' board http://www.lasershs.com/MIDI_DMX_las...nt_control.htm is nice, as-well... they may take a 'while' to get back to you, but be persistent...
    While you're over there, check out their beam tables. This one with turret mount optics is just plain awesome:

http://lasershs.com/LitePipe_laser_e..._projector.htm