Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RGB beam table

Default RGB beam table

Total power is only 1w but it is plenty for my needs, will look a bit weak at selem, but it is super cool seeing in action as the controller and is from a 80's laser system. The controller will now accept and decode DMX also.

leading in trailing technology

awesome work dude!

I always love a beam table

I really wanted to make my tables RGB... I plan on adding 445 to them but unless we get some inexpensive mega red diodes I don't see RGB in the cards for me

Thanks, this only has 300mw of 640ish on it right now, going to add 500mw of 660 also.

Just discovered if makes a nice yellow and magenta also once playing with seq speeds. Right now I can't control the RGB with dmx, once i get another board (like the damn on i missed from the lil G) i'll dmx control the modulation as well through a touch panel interface built into the controller. I only have a 8 chan board and it is used for the beams.

well the little-g board would have only been TTL iirc...

get yourself a DMX>analog out (theres lots of DMX to 0-10V boards, just make something to bring it down to 0-5V) so you can analog modulate the colors

or these can give you 0-5vdc

http://northlightdmx.com/dmx512decoder.htm

Thumbs up ...8-Thumbs, way up! ;)

love the little 'R-2 unit' on the lower-left in the vid... gotta love a little led-chaser...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    get yourself a DMX>analog out...
    yep! - check this little puppy-out: http://www.lasershs.com/DMX_Receiver...s_8Channel.htm ...and also (though you already have the DMX > TTL, correct?) their 'PICPro' board http://www.lasershs.com/MIDI_DMX_las...nt_control.htm is nice, as-well... they may take a 'while' to get back to you, but be persistent...

Also, lemme know if you end-up getting one of the 'Machados'... great-little grating, for the $$, imo... here's a 'comparator' (since I'm sure that will be the next logical-??..

kit, J..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I ordered that grating a week or so back. Thinking I ordered it atleast. That web site is kinda rough around the edges.

I am using DMX to analog board right now but have it snapping to TTL at 192. This is just because I wanted to integrate and use the vintage controller that I got with the beam table. The controller has inputs for remote touch panels. It is all TTL, but it is very cool or im a dork and like to use it to seq some stuff and for the display of which beam is on and what color is active.

I may run a bypass line around with analog modulation time will tell.

Next up is getting my lumia box controlled through the control as well on the second beam side. (jon this is why I need more gm20's)

this is the controller, now has several internal logic mods to work with solid state lasers instead of gas.

Nice work. I love beam tables.

Thumbs up

Hey J -

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I ordered that grating a week or so back. Thinking I ordered it atleast. That web site is kinda rough around the edges.
    Yeah, it did seem to take awhile to get a response via emails, etc... but, if you haven't already done-so, I'd shoot an email and ask for 'tracking' / confirmation... just a friendly tip...

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Next up is getting my lumia box controlled through the control as well on the second beam side. (jon this is why I need more gm20's)
    'lumia box... second beam table...' You are well-along on the 'path to Laservana', grasshopper.. ...good to hear... your little brood of GMs are all sitting here, patiently waiting on their new 'Dad'...

kit..
    j

PS, and hats-off to u, Pat / Laser Rays... nothin quite-like yer Old Skool Craftsmanship, Cap'n...
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Cool, Nice work!

I really didn't think beam tables were that neat till seeing those two Mobo lasers light up the auditorium @ Selem.

PS. Your video needs some music

hand lettered, hand drilled, wire wrapped electronics...hand made...circa 1989

used a million times, made a bucket of cash with it...old school ion baby
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.