Thread: SELLING Uniphase Argon Laser

Default SELLING Uniphase Argon Laser

Selling Unphase 2111B-20SLE Argon laser. Rated output 20mw. Seems nice and bright, but I have no way of measuring actual outut. God cosmetic condition, fitted with cooling fan and wall wart to power fan. £40.00 + postage (at cost, but limited to £15.00 in UK only) - alternatively, if you live anywhere near Inverness, you are welcome to collect and view.

Will also include extra head (given to me by Smog), but this has a very weak output
    and cover missing.

Also makes quite a good room heater!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beam1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	450.0 KB 
ID:	21489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argon1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	662.7 KB 
ID:	21490Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argon2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	21491

If you can hold on to this till next Saturday for me I'd take it. However, can you do me a favour and measure the voltage between pin 9 and pin 11 on the front of the PSU ( 25 pin connector ) while the head is running. Use the 200m or 2V setting on a DMM and tell me what it says, if you can that is.

Also, if someone has the manuals for this, the large one with the pin-outs on it and schematics, could you send me it? I had a whole collection of manuals but I accidentally wiped them.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for our interest! No problems holding on to it.
    With beam on, meter reads 400mv .

I prined out the whole manual when I bought it, as I was going to build a controller, but can't find what I've done with it! I will keep looking.

Regards, David.

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    If you can hold on to this till next Saturday for me I'd take it. However, can you do me a favour and measure the voltage between pin 9 and pin 11 on the front of the PSU ( 25 pin connector ) while the head is running. Use the 200m or 2V setting on a DMM and tell me what it says, if you can that is.

Also, if someone has the manuals for this, the large one with the pin-outs on it and schematics, could you send me it? I had a whole collection of manuals but I accidentally wiped them.

Cheers,

Adam

Hey David,

Can you tell me what the voltage is from pin 8 to 11 while 9 to 11 is 400mV if you get a chance to measure?? Use the 2V setting again.

Don't worry too much about the manual, I'll be able to get one somewhere if you can't find your copy.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Voltage between pin 8 & 11, beam on , is 444mV

Cheers, David

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    Hey David,

Can you tell me what the voltage is from pin 8 to 11 while 9 to 11 is 400mV if you get a chance to measure?? Use the 2V setting again.

Don't worry too much about the manual, I'll be able to get one somewhere if you can't find your copy.

Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by xntrix View Post
    Hi Adam,

Voltage between pin 8 & 11, beam on , is 444mV

Cheers, David

Brilliant, cheers!

Hey,

Will send payments tomorrow night at some point, gotta go to the bank firsts.