Thread: Need help fixing a laserwave driver (532 nm)

Default Need help fixing a laserwave driver (532 nm)

Ok, so I managed to knock some components off the driver to my 400 mW laserwave green laser. I have soldered most back on, but there are two components that I have not managed to fix yet and I'd greatly appreciate your help in doing so.

Specifically, the multi-turn potentiometer W2 and diode D1. I have no idea what these do, but I have no desire to power up the laser without at least W2 in place. I have measured the resistance of W2 to 51 kR between pin 1 and 2, but it received a pretty bad beating, so I don't know if that's the correct value.

As for D1 it got completely knocked off and I haven't managed to find it (don't think I will either). I plan to replace it with a vanilla 1N4001 diode, but I need to know which direction it should be placed in.

See the attached picture of the misery.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0219.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	894.9 KB 
ID:	21493

Hi Tocket

W1 and D1 are vacant on mine too.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Hi Doc,

You seem to have a different (newer?) version of the driver board. D1 and W2 only went missing now because the driver made an ungracious landing on its face after taking a dive off the table.

With some help from our wonderful janitor I have now replaced the diode (which should apparently be placed in opposite direction to D13 on this driver).

Hi Tocket,
    W2 is for Threshold current setting, I had email you too, please attention.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge