Thread: Learnt a lot - thanks guys

Default Learnt a lot - thanks guys

I've done a lot of reading. A LOT!

My mates couldnt get my attention this evening while we were at the pub, and I couldn't concentrate on drinking beer (sole purpose of being at the pub, apart from having a laugh!)

I've learnt a lot from this forum. This I do appreciate.

I was at the pub trying to think of a way to combine the beams of several smaller lasers to make them one big lasers. Dichros wont work; as they will reflect the beam of the first laser into the side of your projector case.

Knife edging seems like a pain, specially for reds

So it looks like I have more study to do. But dont worry, I wont be buying an I-Show

Special thanks to mixedgas, who helped me, along with Samuel Goldwasser when my NEC 3030 died.

This forum is a WEALTH of knowledge, that which one should study and observe.

BTW where do I get a laserscope (just kidding!)

Thankyou for everyone! I'm new, and wish to express my gratitude to the wealth of knowledge you guys have.

edit: I started on LPF, but I am really into laser light shows. This cheap chinese projector I am modding (before I started modding it), opened my eyes. Laser pointers are fun, but burning stuff like matches etc, gets boring really quick. Standing your friend (who has 3 basic sound activated projectors) back from your projection area, cranking up the music, and firing up your own white light laser projectors, gives you satisfaction beyond belief. Now I just need to change that 405 diode for a 445

Cheers
    Ben

Oh, by the way, I am blind in one eye, thankfully, not from a mistake with a laser. So the fun saying "do not stare into beam with remaining good eye" does not apply to me. My version is; "Thats a laser. Do we have goggles for that wavelength?"
    Last edited by dash8brj; 11-19-2010 at 05:25.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Yes it's a good place to learn. At one point I realized all I do here to be worth sooo much more than that $10 a month I give to this forum for subscription . Mostly great people with good ideas... Not all the same idea.... But they want to help. Also in town I know zero laserists. Here I have many common goal laser friends. Have fun and be safe. jimmy working on 3watts here.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

I know of a couple of laserists in my country - Things is one of them. hes in queensland. I'm in sydney, about 1000 miles from him. Bit far to travel for a LEM; I'd probably pack up my chinese projector (obviously modded with new scanners, dichros and lasers), and head over for it if one for a whole group of ausse members was organised. It would be fun to see what others have created both mechanically and visually.

I am picking up a Frame Streamer Express 2.0 really cheap from a mate on LPF who hasnt had the time to create his projector. Will start experimenting with NLS for a bit of fun, and save up the cash for something decent like an FB3.

I also learn alot from photonlexicon.
    Even though Im fairly new.

I think Im going to take a photonlexicon subscription very soon.
    The admin also diserves a bit of cash