Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who needs a pointer anymore?

Default Who needs a pointer anymore?

Who needs a pointer when you can have this and just play actual laser tag shooting 1W 445 beams directly from your hands. As a bonus, it is SUPER obvious if you hit your friend...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_1286wt_1141

Why do I feel like this is going downhill a little more everyday?

Yet another Kip Kay wannabe... sigh.
    This space for rent.

Thumbs down

Brilliant! Now, Easier than Ever to put your own eye-out! (*¿*) Sheesh... And as for his 'disclaimer' - great, sure - go ahead, sell the 'gun with no bullets' (and, *tehehe* here's my email so I can sell ya some!) I'd report it to eBay, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    Why do I feel like this is going downhill a little more everyday?
    ...Cause, sadly, 'we can't fix stupid'... (...dang these stupid freedom-restricting seatbelts!)

Yeah, the more these 'brilliant new ideas' using the 1W blues keep popping-up / getting hawked on eBay, the sooner they are gonna make the news, yet again.....
    but, hey, like a formerly-active PL'er / LPF-er used to trumpet: 'till something actually happens, 'why worry?'

I know, I'm not the 'first to have said it', just echoing it: 'Mark these words'... it's only matter of time... Ugh.

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

In these days we see over-protective governments and nanny states trying to protect the 1% (I feel it much more) that would have otherwise been taken out of the game by natural section.

I say let natural selection run it's course!

The gene pool could do with a good strong dose of chlorine...
    This space for rent.

hey d - (...love the 'steampunk avatar, btw...

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    In these days we see over-protective governments and nanny states trying to protect the 1% (I feel it much more) that would have otherwise been taken out of the game by natural section....I say let natural selection run it's course!
    Well, the 'problem' with that, is that shyte like this, make it no-longer so 'natural' - when, those that *should survive* (responsible show / product-producers and hobbiests, alike...) the 'normal' industry-influences (economy / prices of components / competition, etc) end-up being the ones 'choked out', as illustrated by the current 'ban' in France, over ALL Class 3 and 4 lasers, indoors... Totally rediculous! but *undoubtedly* due-to some under-educated / overzealous lawmaker(s), *likely* being fed-up with pointer-complaints / reports...

...And all it takes (as Buffo keenly pointed-out in the 'Darwin Awards'-thread) is for one of these 'overactive politicians' to see, Ie: people being *able* to produce horrible burns with a commercially (and easily) available laser product (drunk or not) - and *whammo* - you have even worse Reg...and then - even worse-yet - Regs that no-longer 'segregate' the 'legit' uses of lasers (ie: shows) from the BS-uses (ie: a 1 Watt Laser-Glove )... and while such a 'blanket-law' may not be too-much 'skin off the hobbiests nose', those that make a living with lasers aren't gonna be too pleased...

...I, for one, am *not* too keen on profit-blinded lasergoons like 'Glove Boy', there, 'influencing the course' of this 'natural selection process'... like, influencing which *way* the 'lava will flow down the hill'... not toward MY house, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    The gene pool could do with a good strong dose of chlorine...
    If only it were that simple...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

He's using Youtube to sell them as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AKRY...ayer_embedded#!

If you look at the comments below the video.

Also, he's making a 1 watt Laser Pulse Gun although says he's not selling it!!!

It appear to be a 120 Joule IR diode that can release its energy in a pulse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC82E...eature=related

Anyway I've reported him to ebay as these items needs to be taken off sale completely as they have no legitimate use.
    Last edited by White-Light; 11-19-2010 at 02:26.

I truly tend to lean toward the libertarian attitude. However, marketing this to the public is asking for injury and much bad press. He now has it listed as "no diode" included. I hope eBay is not greedy enough to accept that statement as true.

Direction of beam and emission control are haphazard at best.

Peace,
    dave

Nothing wrong with being libertarian or worrying about nanny states... both are completely valid. But the problem here is that the 1% is not just the guy who plays Russian Roulette... it is all the people around him when he does it. I can easily see a DJ buying a pair of these, going out to a school dance and blasting away. Lasers shooting from the palms of your hands?!?! That's pretty cool.

I really do subscribe to a certain extent in Darwinism and the Feds simply cannot and should not protect us from all of the standard deviations in the world, but this is about the people around the standard deviation - and the people who are then further impacted by a tragedy.

As John and Adam point out, this would not be something that would be hard to over-legislate in some reactionary folie a deux. Then where does that leave the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    Nothing wrong with being libertarian or worrying about nanny states... both are completely valid. But the problem here is that the 1% is not just the guy who plays Russian Roulette... it is all the people around him when he does it. I can easily see a DJ buying a pair of these, going out to a school dance and blasting away. Lasers shooting from the palms of your hands?!?! That's pretty cool.

I really do subscribe to a certain extent in Darwinism and the Feds simply cannot and should not protect us from all of the standard deviations in the world, but this is about the people around the standard deviation - and the people who are then further impacted by a tragedy.

As John and Adam point out, this would not be something that would be hard to over-legislate in some reactionary folie a deux. Then where does that leave the rest of us?
    You make a very valid point. Very much like the case of drink driving.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Anyway I've reported him to ebay as these items needs to be taken off sale completely as they have no legitimate use.
    Completely agree, I did so as well. If that listing is not taken down, my faith in ebay will be even less than it is lately (just one blip above immeasureable by humans)