Thread: Casio Parts - Stripped Projectors, Red Only Projectors

Default Casio Parts - Stripped Projectors, Red Only Projectors

Hi all-
    I am trying to get rid of a few harvested projectors, I have both A130 and A140 available.

If you just want the projector for parts, I am asking as follows:
    XJ-A140 with everything, except the diodes - $75
    XJ-A140 with everything except the diode array (lenses, big heatsink, etc) - $70
    XJ-A130 with everything, except the diodes - $70
    XJ-A130 with everything, except the diode array (as before) - $65

Additionally,
    I have modified a few projectors using the technique I outlined in my previous thread, so that they operate and output red. The projector operates normally, except that the output is lacking in the blue/green wavelengths.
    Use them for whatever you want, they are most likely the cheapest way to get your hand on a functioning DLP chip

Asking $120 for a XJ-A140 or $100 for a XJ-A130

All prices exclude shipping/paypal fees, expect that to add ~$20 depending on the shipping method/price.

Additionally, I am open to offers, trades, excessive begging, etc

any pics of the red-only projectors in action? I was always curious to see what kind of (if any) aerial effects you could make with them

I don't do shows, don't have access to fog or anything like that, so I am not sure I can really show it doing anything interesting.

If someone wants to put together a post of different ways my projectors can be used in shows I would be happy to send you a modified projector at half price.

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    Hi all-
    I am trying to get rid of a few harvested projectors, I have both A130 and A140 available.
    Hi Krazer,
    I would be interested in buying one XJ-A140.
    Since I will try to use the DLP chip in holography, where excessive heat may be a serious problem, I am asking if you have already managed to bypass the necessity of the resistors, as you wrote in the previous thread:
    >> and in any case I hope to eliminate the need for this resistor altogether (see future work) so I am not perusing this too much further. <<

Thank you

Sorry for the delay getting back to you all, I have been traveling for the holidays.

A few have asked about international shipping, the unit weight for these projectors (including all factory accessories) is 9lbs, which can be slimmed down to 5lbs if you need only the projector.

That puts pricing as follows for Europe (via priority mail, 6-10 day):
    1x - $55
    2x - $84
    3x - $110
    4x - $148
    If you only want the projector you can assume 2 bare projectors per complete projector unit (CPU).

Currently I am simply putting in high power resistors to replace the lasers, as I have found this to be the most reliable and cost effective method so far. I hope to be able to spend more time reverse engineering the diode driver board over Christmas break so that I can get it running with reduced power consumption/fan speed, but I have been too busy to really devote a lot of time to it so far.

Also, just to clear up any confusion- the large bank of resistors I had sitting outside of the projector in http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...412#post156412 is no longer necessary, the resistors are mounted on the heatsink where the blue diodes once were, so the projector looks 'stock'.

Thumbs up Spare Casio Stripped projector !!!

I'm interested I need two "like-new" projector (no power resistor mod) / removed LD module -> only 3 + 3 screws manipulated (no scratches...).

I just get two casio A135 complete laser module, and 1 driver PCB + 1 red Phlatlight !!!!

Does someone try to power the complete driver PCB + laser diode array + Phlatlight out of the projector motherboard ? Seven + RED wire and Seven GND BLACK wires and one more black (power good/test ?),

Happy end of year
    Pascal

EDIT : GREEN is from fluorescent element, I understand ! That is why the projector casio has no green Phlatlight super LED !!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Serveurperso; 12-29-2010 at 14:40. Reason: GREEN is from fluorescent element and bad english
    Connect your Raspberry PI to teleoperate, make and share securely any type of robots
    Low latency "game-like" remote piloting (100% free no-ads) you are welcome to test our robots!
    https://www.vigibot.com