Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple (but effeKtiv) Solution to 'privacy-rights violations' from TSA-searches...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...... To visit the World Series of Gold here in Akron........
    But I bet you'd feel ever so ever so safe once you're there.
    Cus part of your ticket price would be keeping all those jobsworths in employment.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'm not a huge fan of the mythbusters. i watch it. it's a guilty pleasure, but i'd enjoy it more if they called it "talk like a pirate and blow crap up" instead of pretending to do science.

still, adam makes a good point here:

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Nice to see that even Red Indians can afford video cams these days.

WooooWooooWooooWooooWooooWooooWooooWooooWooooWoooo WooooWoooo ........

See a kid get groped with shirt removed and cries
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8bb...ail?rel=player

I have flown over 80 flights this year and I really dont care what the TSA see's with the body scanner but I do worry about prolonged exposure to the x-rays they emit. If the pilots union has successfully made it to where pilots can refuse the scanner without extended pat downs, then why cant I?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote from another forum, this is from a serving Navy officer, and they rarely, but quite rightly, for opsec reasons, post their name:

Quote:

My 15 year old daughter flew from San Diego to Vegas yesterday. Her comment to me? "Ya know Dad, I thought the first person to squeeze my boobs would be some boy I thought I was in love with, not some old hag at the airport. You worry about me with boys but that woman got a lot further than any boy ever has."

She didn't refuse the body scan and even though she had nothing in her pockets, etc. they decided she would get the pat down. She was traveling alone and said she felt very intimidated, so she went with the flow. She said she felt violated.

End quote.

This has gone way to far.

Steve

If you end up getting a pat down,

just starting making farm animal sounds.

It'll make someone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball View Post
    If you end up getting a pat down,

just starting making farm animal sounds.
    Heh, good one... and, next time I fly, I am putting a 'banana in my pocket'...
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Heh, good one... and, next time I fly, I am putting a 'banana in my pocket'...
    I got a better idea, undies silk screened with a fig leaf in gold or silver metallic paint.

Oh, wait, some on beat me too it... Drat...

Steve

Default Too Stupid for Arbys & 46 other ways to say TSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdh-kHpPsLU

I was rolling on the ground laughing.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

I hear a lot of stories and I believe the TSA is regularly violating people's rights but I still haven't run into any trouble myself and I've flown a few times in the last few months. I suppose it's a matter of time.

I've flown a few times recently with a 3-watt laser projector made with 1/4" aluminum walls that weighs somewhere around 50 pounds (I usually bring it when I fly somewhere..) and they barely even raise an eyebrow. I always expect them to at least ask about it, but the most I've ever heard about it is "OK, I give up, what is it?" I wonder what other people bring through regularly that makes my laser look garden variety.

The other day when I was flying to Portland from Milwaukee I was prepared to raise holy hell if they decided that I needed to get a "special" pat-down, but they didn't. I don't mind a regular pat-down really since I put up with these from time to time just to gain entry to certain music events, but I'd become offended if they decided I needed to have an unwanted intimate encounter, especially if the TSA agent was showing obvious signs of what I'd call "power tripping".

Just like some people I've run into doing security at music events and some of those assholes that Bogart the left lane on the highway for no reason, I'm sure there are TSA agents that live for the opportunity to control other people, just because they can. That should not be possible.

-Jonathan