Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renting an RGB laserprojector *The netherlands*

Huh... after few months of being sooo busy...

I somehow disagree with 1000-2000 pints, especiall with 3D graphic and 30k scanners. It will look rubbish or flicker a lot!
    Depends on projecting angle as well!!!

If you go over 10 degrees, stay below 1100 points!

Otherwise we do hire projectors - from 1.6W RGB (with LM, CTs and CTs with HP drivers).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Huh... after few months of being sooo busy...

I somehow disagree with 1000-2000 pints, especiall with 3D graphic and 30k scanners. It will look rubbish or flicker a lot!
    Depends on projecting angle as well!!!

If you go over 10 degrees, stay below 1100 points!

Otherwise we do hire projectors - from 1.6W RGB (with LM, CTs and CTs with HP drivers).

Cheers
    Thanks for the warning.
    What degrees is often the best I should aim for?

The lower the better. Lower the angle, less movement the scanners have to do and therefore they can run faster and more precisely.
    By lowering the scanning angle you are obviously shrinking down the size of projected image. So to keep the size the same you need to move the laser further from the projection surface. If you go too far, you need more power, so it would bve visible.
    And if you cross 5W RGB, the beam gets thicker then small scanning mirrors can accomodate - so you get bigger mirrors on your scanners, but those are slower.

Good example: 3W RGB with CT scanners, white projection surface with low ambient light, projector to surface distance = 15 meters, size of projection surface 4x4 metres. That should work pretty well.

good tips. However i made some animations with 2400 points and they did flicker a bit but didn't look ugly. But i totally agree the less the better !
    The animation with 2400 points was originally 6200, but with Dr Lava's ILD SoS i was able to make a normally unplayable ILDA completely playable !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Oh yes, good example of that is raster frame - or circular or other oscilated shapes. But once you get into precise graphics, 2400 points wouldn't work. Well - that's from my experience anyway.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Oh yes, good example of that is raster frame - or circular or other oscilated shapes. But once you get into precise graphics, 2400 points wouldn't work. Well - that's from my experience anyway.
    I usually target for 750-780 when using 6800s, a bit more with 6215s, and you can cram in even more with Dr Lava's code.

One thing to keep in mind when doing long strings of frames, is to try to keep the point count even from frame to frame to avoid undue brightness variations. Good modern vector software should work with you, not against you on point counts.
    Often time pros hide some extra blanked points on frames with reduced point counts to make animations "even" for those complex corporate customers who care about such things.

Steve

I've managed to do 1150 points @ 20 degrees with CT6215H with HP drivers and 3mm mirrors - almost no flicker.