Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 445 build for my projector project

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default 445 build for my projector project

    This thread started in the "post you ebay finds" thread, I thought it was worth continuing in a dedicated thread.

    Diachi, as you interested in doing similar to me, here is the progress tonight. I have limited time available so a little bit each night.

    Flexmod mounted, I bend the transistor at 90 degrees and made a block to mount it. Not enough available height to mount the flexmod "on end" with the transistor fastened to the base, and I did not want to fasten anything to the removable housing body, only the base plate. I want all heat to the base plate.

    Thus far I am using M2.5 fasteners as this is what these housing have already. No drilling or tapping of the base required, yet. I think once I have it finished I will retap the required holes M3.

    I need to get the LD lower to match the exit apperture (identical to the CNI 532 I have on the way) so I am looking how to achieve this with Dave's mounts. One idea is to mount the LD block upside down.

    Tomorrow night I will machine up the prism mounts.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4432.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	21598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4437.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	21599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4438.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	21600
    This space for rent.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yellowknife, NT, Canada
    Posts
    2,147,484,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    This thread started in the "post you ebay finds" thread, I thought it was worth continuing in a dedicated thread.

    Diachi, as you interested in doing similar to me, here is the progress tonight. I have limited time available so a little bit each night.

    Flexmod mounted, I bend the transistor at 90 degrees and made a block to mount it. Not enough available height to mount the flexmod "on end" with the transistor fastened to the base, and I did not want to fasten anything to the removable housing body, only the base plate. I want all heat to the base plate.

    Thus far I am using M2.5 fasteners as this is what these housing have already. No drilling or tapping of the base required, yet. I think once I have it finished I will retap the required holes M3.

    I need to get the LD lower to match the exit apperture (identical to the CNI 532 I have on the way) so I am looking how to achieve this with Dave's mounts. One idea is to mount the LD block upside down.

    Tomorrow night I will machine up the prism mounts.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4432.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	21598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4437.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	21599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4438.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	21600
    That looks nice Dnar! Are you planning on TEC cooling yours? If so, how are you going to go about mounting the TEC?
    Last edited by Diachi; 11-24-2010 at 09:38.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Hi guys,

    I've got the same housing. I need a dual and want to try and squeeze a couple of Dave's diode mounts in one with some prisms and a TEC.

    I've come up with a layout. I'll post my progress here when I get back on to this project.

    Cheers,
    Tony

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yellowknife, NT, Canada
    Posts
    2,147,484,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Hi guys,

    I've got the same housing. I need a dual and want to try and squeeze a couple of Dave's diode mounts in one with some prisms and a TEC.

    I've come up with a layout. I'll post my progress here when I get back on to this project.

    Cheers,
    Tony
    look forward to seeing your ideas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    That looks nice Dnar! Are you planning on TEC cooling yours? If so, how are you going to go about mounting the TEC?
    No need for a TEC. I have this set to 400mA (approx 300mW) to match my 300mW green, the thing barely gets warm and that is without it mounted in the projector!
    This space for rent.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    A little more completed tonight, fabbed a mount for the prisms and mounted the brass LD block. I tapped and screwed the brass block from under side, now the beam height matches the exit aperture and my CNI 532.

    I need to finish the wiring and also wire up interlock and modulation.

    Shots taken here running 400mA/300mW. Beam profile is pretty good, I'll do more testing at 10M and 20M and measure the profile.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4451.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	21611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4452.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	21612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4453.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	21613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4454.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	21614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4455.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	21615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4456.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	21616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4457.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	21617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4460.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	21618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4461.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	21619
    This space for rent.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    oh, i see you found zoof's template

    really handy to have, thanks mr zoof. i got a few printouts ready and waiting

    very good looking little module you have there

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yellowknife, NT, Canada
    Posts
    2,147,484,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    A little more completed tonight, fabbed a mount for the prisms and mounted the brass LD block. I tapped and screwed the brass block from under side, now the beam height matches the exit aperture and my CNI 532.

    I need to finish the wiring and also wire up interlock and modulation.

    Shots taken here running 400mA/300mW. Beam profile is pretty good, I'll do more testing at 10M and 20M and measure the profile.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4451.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	21611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4452.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	21612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4453.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	21613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4454.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	21614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4455.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	21615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4456.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	21616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4457.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	21617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4460.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	21618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4461.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	21619

    Very nice! I'm impressed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,931

    Default a couple of questions for the b&w tek housing

    just a couple of questions for the b&w tek housing...

    - did you find any usable TECs in there?

    - was the mount of the prisms in there any good?

    - voltage needed for the power supply? 110 or 220?

    - was the c-mount usable in any way?


    very neat built there

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,730

    Default

    The housings I bought where empty, only an IR filter on the exit.

    One of these had a CNI sticker on it, so I am pretty sure they are not B&K, unless B&K use CNI parts.
    This space for rent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •