Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme Lighting UK 6000 RGB

Default ILDA

It does not say it but it does have ILDA in and it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Wow. Guaranteed 6W but only no ILDA, only DMX?

Hey L -

Quote Originally Posted by wondertwnz View Post
    ...The huge beam coupled with the Extremely high divergence make for something not even resembling a beam after about 25 meters. I will probably end up modifying the Red to fix but would like to try to get something
    I assume you've exhaustively checked into the possibility that the lens / diode isn't just hard-core 'wonkied' (yes, that's the technical-term... in the mount? That beam-profile seems just 'too bad to be true', otherwise... not sure how they could even think to ship such a disparity..

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Not really sure how else to check it. It looks like a normal (Just huge) beam at the aperture, it is a stripe 5mm x 10mm. As far as I can tell there are no adjustments for the Optics.
    Now that you mention it though it really looks like one of my 445nm projects in a aixiz mount but with the lens way out of focus.
    With all of the optics glued it may be difficult to check but you might be on to something.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey L -

I assume you've exhaustively checked into the possibility that the lens / diode isn't just hard-core 'wonkied' (yes, that's the technical-term... in the mount? That beam-profile seems just 'too bad to be true', otherwise... not sure how they could even think to ship such a disparity..

peace...
    j

Hey Sir L -

With all of the optics glued it may be difficult to check but you might be on to something.
    Yeah, that's where I'd prolly start diggin.... I mean, #1, clearly, they're gonna give you the 'dickaround' with any warranty-service, if ever-at all and #2, even if they *do* get back to you, and say 'sure, go ahead and send it back...' you may end up singing the Three Degrees ('...when will I seee you a-gain...') whether you wanted-to, or not, knowhatimean?...

It certainly has to be 'your call', warranty-wise, but that's where I'd start, anyway... just a thought...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

@wondertwns

" The case is OK construction, " ..... LOL ... carefull of smoke machines.. I think you will find that your cooling fans suck from the front (where the smoke is supposed to be), then swirl it tastefully around all the optics before puffing it out the back.

Then you might notice that to clean OR adjust the optics requires dismounting the whole case requiring a full re-adjust for any effects on long throws.

The cases do look good from the outside though ! .... just like the specs

Cheers

Thanks for the info. As you assumed getting the "Send it back" thing. Do not want to do that as I may not have anything at that point and at least now i have a pretty good piece other than the red.

Do you know where I would begin on looking for a lens or optic to adjust on the CNI laser? A brief look and I do not see anything that looks adjustable.

Thanks
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Sir L -

Yeah, that's where I'd prolly start diggin.... I mean, #1, clearly, they're gonna give you the 'dickaround' with any warranty-service, if ever-at all and #2, even if they *do* get back to you, and say 'sure, go ahead and send it back...' you may end up singing the Three Degrees ('...when will I seee you a-gain...') whether you wanted-to, or not, knowhatimean?...

It certainly has to be 'your call', warranty-wise, but that's where I'd start, anyway... just a thought...

peace...
    j

The case, scanners, Green are all good.
    at least now i have a pretty good piece other than the red.
    You are of course assuming they haven't overdriven the green. I'm not saying they have, but its often seen in cheaper projectors.

The reason is as a manufacturer they can buy in a smaller cheaper laser, turn the power up and then sell it as a bigger more powerful unit. Unfortunately they pay back is usually a much shorter life. Sometimes by a small amount. But sometimes the lasers expire after only a few months. All depends on how much they've been pushed (if at all).

You're not going to get good beam specs at all in a 650nm btw, its notorious for it.
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-03-2010 at 07:32.