Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Lighting UK 6000 RGB

Angry Extreme Lighting UK 6000 RGB

Here are the Specifications provided
    Technical specification:

Laser colour: RGB
    Laser power: Guaranteed 6000mW, typical 7000mW. Red 2W @ 650nm, green 1W @ 532nm, blue 3W @ 445nm
    Laser class: 4
    Control modes: ILDA, DMX512, master/slave, auto, sound to light
    Protocol: USITT DMX512
    DMX channels: 24
    Effects: Over 200 liquid skies, walls, fences, animations, bounces, stretch, abstracts, slow draw etc
    Scan speed: 60K pps
    Beam divergence: 3mm/1mrad
    Deflection angle: 30°
    Modulation: Analogue
    Included accessories: Flightcase, DMX cable, user manual, security key, remote interlock, power lead
    Approvals: Complies with RoHS, FDA, HSE, IEC and CE
    Power consumption: 400W
    Power supply: 100V - 250V
    Measurements: 135x55x50cm (LxWxH)
    Weight: 35Kg incl. flightcase

And now the Bad news.
    After several questions before the purchase regarding beam specifications here is what i got.

1) Laser Powers
    As you can see the Powers of the lasers (Granted all measured after mirrors and PBS but before Scanners so I expected some losses.
    Green met or exceed Spec
    Blue had good quality beam but only 1.7W (even with horrible optics this is very low considering a 3W spec)
    Red was close to the output spec but the beam size as you can see is almost 9mm so over half the power is lost off the scanner mirrors.

2) Beam quality.
    Blue and Green are close to the spec.
    Red is NO were near that.
    around a 9mm beam and did not get a chance to measure actual divergence but after a 30m distance it did not even look like a beam anymore. I drew a 1 meter square the scanners and the blue and green worked pretty well but the red was just a 1 meter area of red scattered light. not even coherent.

3) Case and build
    The case is OK construction, seems solid. The mounting plate is a little thin but solid and wiring and layout are good.
    The optics are all glued which I do not like but at the price is to be expected.

4) Scanners
    Seem very nice, good solid image and quick , no wobble or noise as I have seen in other cheap scanners.

5) Customer service
    This is were is all goes wrong. Before the sale and during the sale communication was great. Once i got the laser and showed them the problems it was difficult to get any response past the first email that was the standard "we tested it here and it was fine" type email. At this pint they seem to have no intention of doing anything about the two main issues of the low power blue and HORRIBLE red beam.
    I also have a LaserWorld 3.2W RGB that was purchase about 2 years ago.
    I know many people have had bad luck with Laserworld but I had low power from my red when it came from them and they were very quick to send a replacement module and make sure it was right. Even after a couple of months I had a scanner problem and they were glad to replace them.

I was hoping to find a good builder in a decent price range but must say I do not recommend buying from them.

Larry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2937.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	21607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2935.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	21608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2934.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	346.2 KB 
ID:	21609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2936.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	21610

Search function would have paid off well...
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

DMX channels: 24
    Effects: Over 200 liquid skies, walls, fences, animations, bounces, stretch, abstracts, slow draw etc
    As soon as I read this, I automatically think - Chinese laser.
    Anything with DMX is likely to be low end.
    Last edited by QUAZAR; 11-25-2010 at 03:52.

I don't know where in the UK they're based but google their local Trading Standards Office.

Then hit them with the provisions of this that apply:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0081277_en.pdf

Its now a Criminal Offence in the UK to in any way mislead a consumer and the penalty includes a hefty fine and / or prison sentance of up to 2 years.

I suggest research which provisions apply, then send a complaint to Trading Standards explaining how the they've misled you in terms of which provisions have been broken (do the work for them as you'll get further).

Hopefully, they'll pressure them into doing something for you such as refunding you or even prosecute them. I've not heard of anyone being prosecuted yet as the law seems to be little known about but its certainly a weighty tool to use against a company.

I am assuming here you bought in the UK and had it shipped across. If you bought via another method, then the question is going to be one of where the contract was formed ie was it within the UK or another jurisdiction.

EBAY

Based in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, we design and build quality custom laser systems perfect for any application that requires professional results. We're an important and serious supplier of high-end laser systems striving to supply innovative new products. Unlike other competitors, our high standard of workmanship meet ISO 9001:2000 and QS-9000 standards. We are customer focussed and our after-sales and support is excellent offering a minimum of a 1 year warranty on all laser systems with an additional warranty cover option available.

I very much doubt they designed ot built that laser at all. It has "made in China" stamped all over it.

Ebay are based in Luxemberg so it depends on where its deemed the contract formed.

That said, as understand it, the provisions were an EU directive, so every EU country should have their own version.

My advice would be to start with UK Trading Standards and work from there.

Looks excactly like a laserworld projector to me on the inside....everything glued together.

I really think you should have done a lot more reserch into what laser you where going to purchase before handing over that amount of money.
    There are 2 to blame here, yourself for not doing the above and the manufacturers for providing a non-spec item.

I would work towards getting your money back and purchasing maybe a bespoke built unit from a forum member.
    You will get a top quality laser for possibly less money that you have paid for this pile of J.....

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Wow. Guaranteed 6W but only no ILDA, only DMX?

Default Thanks

I appreciate this info and will use as a tool for sure.

I certainly knew this probably would not meet the specs they gave but at the price offered I figured even if it was 70% or so I would be OK with that. The case, scanners, Green are all good.
    I could live with the low power Blue but the Red is just unusable. The huge beam coupled with the Extremely high divergence make for something not even resembling a beam after about 25 meters. I will probably end up modifying the Red to fix but would like to try to get something from them.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I don't know where in the UK they're based but google their local Trading Standards Office.

Then hit them with the provisions of this that apply:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0081277_en.pdf

Its now a Criminal Offence in the UK to in any way mislead a consumer and the penalty includes a hefty fine and / or prison sentance of up to 2 years.

I suggest research which provisions apply, then send a complaint to Trading Standards explaining how the they've misled you in terms of which provisions have been broken (do the work for them as you'll get further).

Hopefully, they'll pressure them into doing something for you such as refunding you or even prosecute them. I've not heard of anyone being prosecuted yet as the law seems to be little known about but its certainly a weighty tool to use against a company.

I am assuming here you bought in the UK and had it shipped across. If you bought via another method, then the question is going to be one of where the contract was formed ie was it within the UK or another jurisdiction.