Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Chip ID

Default Help with Chip ID

This is from a GM20 driver board any ideas what this chip is data sheet or a chip that will cross for it. Google is not my friend with this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chip.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	21641Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chip.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	21641

Thought my driver problem was a bad quad op amp but wasn;t so lucky.
    leading in trailing technology

Hey JM -

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    This is from a GM20 driver board...
    More info on whos' / what rev 'driver board' will be helpful, as a first-step...

peas..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey JM -

More info on whos' / what rev 'driver board' will be helpful, as a first-step...

peas..
    j
    Pat's Laser Ray's Actuator II board. Sent him a PM earlier to see if he still had schematics kicking around, was trying to figure it out without them, but got stumped on this chip. It is the only other thing that is not passive (other than the main output drive, but that is good opens and closes fully, control just doesn't work) in the design so i'm leaning towards this mystery chip as the Quad opamp was good.

There are 8 alike circuit so it shouldn't be rocket science to solve, I could just swap the chips to see if it fixes the problem. I just don;t want to put an iron where it isn't needed on an old board traces.

Lightbulb

Hey Bud -

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Pat's Laser Ray's Actuator II board.
    Hmm, yeah, Pat will certainly be your best-resource... not gonna be too-much out there, schem-wise, outside of him... However, meantime, might give these guys a bump:

http://www.4starelectronics.com/part.../F16B104B.html

...they've never let me down, when searching for old chips / parts... if it still exists, they've usually got a few left...

A little further-digging in my sekret-squirrel bookmarks for that number turns up a 'Bipolar Power PNP, Med Power', which makes-sense in such a driver-card, but I would not expect such a PNP to be in this 'package'... so

Of course, not positive that '4Star's part is, in-fact, a *match*, but looks like a place to start, anyway... didn't turn anything-up at www.datasheetcatalog.com either...

Hope this helps till 'Dad gets home'..
    peas..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Seeing that it is an AB part .... im asuming its manufactured by Allen Bradley

the other number im sure is the date code 88 being the year ....

I cant remember AB making opamps then ... but at that time im sure there resistor division made Dual inline (DIL) resistor networks which im guessing this maybe one of them

i could be completely wrong but hope this helps in your search

Karl
    Last edited by Banthai; 11-26-2010 at 23:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Seeing that it is an AB part .... im asuming its manufactured by Allen Bradley

the other number im sure is the date code 88 being the year ....

I cant remember AB making opamps then ... but at that time im sure there resistor division made Dual inline (DIL) resistor networks which im guessing this maybe one of them

i could be completely wrong but hope this helps in your search

EDIT ... yes i think im Wrong .... it looks like a driver of some kind

Karl
    The card uses a standard LM348 opamp, so i am thinking Jon might be on the right path. I didn't mean to imply in my first post i thought it was an opamp, I was meaning that I swapped the opamp all ready. Thanks for the ideas guys.

i have been looking for the schematics on that card and cant find them anywhere but dont give up hope yet. The card is a four layer card so it is very compact, but for the most part we used off the shelf components, ill still look, dont give up hope.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    i have been looking for the schematics on that card and cant find them anywhere but dont give up hope yet. The card is a four layer card so it is very compact, but for the most part we used off the shelf components, ill still look, dont give up hope.
    Thanks, just surprised I'm stumped on this chip, I repair tons of 80's stuff computers and arcade boards and can't find any info on it. I think i'll socket it and the one next to it to swap to prove it as the failure at least.

keep in mind it is a 4 layer board and to use the right tools to remove chip and re socket with not too much heat that might destroy board. The problem is I have boxes of archives from those days but some are in my shed and some are in mother in laws shed, so the search is difficult.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    keep in mind it is a 4 layer board and to use the right tools to remove chip and re socket with not too much heat that might destroy board. The problem is I have boxes of archives from those days but some are in my shed and some are in mother in laws shed, so the search is difficult.
    Thanks will do, I have a decent Pace rework station so I should be able to swap without causing more problems.

Whenever you have time, just please keep me in mind. It isn't a huge deal, I just drive myself crazy when things don;t work cause I am suppose to be-able to fix anything