Thread: Martin SCX500 Mania Scanner

Default Martin SCX500 Mania Scanner

Hi there

Wondering if anyone has any Martin Mania SCX500 scanners, as I'm after one.
    Used but Full working order.

Paypal only

Cheers Dave

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I have three but only just got them in the last few weeks. They're on eBay regularly. All three were used and the biggest thing I ran into was they were dusty as hell inside. The design of the fan is such that it draws dust right past the dicros and gobos. Compressed air and some optical wipes and they are 1000% better. I'm using them for my first gig Saturday night. If I'm not thrilled with them, I'll keep you in mind.

Sorry to bring back this old thread , I have 2 of them , honestly , its a nice small scanner , the only problem they suffer is the Dummy Load board which always failed when I dimmed them , both of them have the same issue after 50 hours of use , since I actually never use the dimmer channel , I just bypassed the dummy load pcb and connect the wires from the transformer directly to the bulb , solved the issue , running flawlessly now
    Philipp Wetter

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I brought 3 to SELEM which you can see on some of the various videos from the Club SELEM area. Wow... since that post above, I've gotten either 5 or 7 more (can't remember). And, I almost got 4 last week but came to my senses seconds before the auction ended. What I REALLY want now is a pair of the SCX 800's but, they've been like hen's teeth.... can't find one used anywhere.

Ive got a pair for sale if anyone is interested. One has a broken mirror, but its on the edge and doesn't effect the light beam in any way. PM me if interested. Asking $350 for the pair, and have an extra bulb or two to throw in as well

do you have a thread where it shows how to bypass the dummy load pcb and go directly to the bulb from the transformer?

Thanks