Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Footprint Green - Good quality

Default Small Footprint Green - Good quality

Hi all

I'm shortly going to upgrade the green in my projector. However, anyone who's ever seen my projector will know that space is at a premium.

I'm therefore looking for a 'compact' analogue modulation 500mW green (532nm), the controller should also be very compact. Must have good tight beam specs and around 1mrad divergence, less is better.

Can anyone make any recommendations as to what's available. Obviously my first port of call will probably be Rob (Stanwax) to see what Laserwave have available. However, I thought i'd throw this open to the forum first to see if anyone has come across any hidden gems out there that I may have missed.

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 11-22-2010 at 04:01.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

lasever greens are small, but quality can be a bit hit and miss.

never had an issue with green or red from lasever but blues are shocking.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks Andy.

I've had a Lasever green in the past (as well as a dodgy blue ). It was O.K. whilst I had it, but the person who bought it from me had problems after a while. I'm hoping to find something with a bit more reliability this time.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

ive got a 300mw lasever green doing 500mw. had it umm 3 years now and its worked perfect since the day i got it

but i hear what your saying
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hey Jem, Did you not see the new compact Laserwave head that Rob brought to the last LEM that was doing 1.2w. I sure there's going to be something in the 0.5w region, just not sure if these new heads are available yet.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

Hi Carl

Can't recall, although my memory is terrible so I may have seen it and forgotten

I'll give Rob a shout

Thanks

Jem

I think you can go with Lasever if you need small... The last lasers from them I installed into customers projectors (300mW models) are still performing strong despite the hardest use you can do (a show every week-end, with no care on the transport, judging by the cases bad state, he even told me a put the projectors on big subwoofers, that's why I had to replace a scanners mirrors which was broken and lost... but the lasers survived ).

viasho also got some very nice small heads upto 500mW

Thanks folks, keep 'em coming. The kvant sounds nice but is a bit <cough> above budget