Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simulated white.

Default Simulated white.

Need to work on stability. Had a guy make those angle mounts for the lasers on the stand. pretty good so far aside from walkoff problems due to the nylon bolts im using.

350mW. Needs analog green and a LOT more red. I figured since i dont have the other two blues yet I might as well get a couple good shots out of the deal.

That’s a sweet setup. I wish I could do something like that. There is something special about nice laser setups done on a breadboard with the appropriate mounts. Almost... Erotic…

Hrm, I think Iv'e said to much
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Groover
    That’s a sweet setup. I wish I could do something like that. There is something special about nice laser setups done on a breadboard with the appropriate mounts. Almost... Erotic…

Hrm, I think Iv'e said to much
    WORDS

That is so sweet !!!!!!!!!

Now you all understand why I want my tricho and my galvo sooooon as possible so I can start to make myself a nice setup !!

Spec: that setup is NICE for sure !!
    I truly love that stuff............

White is nice however I get the prettiest shades of purple...

omg, pretty colors

Nicely aligned to Good job!

awsome!
    see this is why i will never own a house, i will be to busy paying of lasers
    guess ill have to win the lotter or something :roll:

nice lil' setup there spec 8) that must have taken you hours to align ... respeck!

-Josh

Actually took about 30 minutes to get it "overlapping well enough" at 10 meters. (i bounced it down the hallway) Those little angle bits really made it a hell of a lot easier.

After that though the natural divergence of the lasers kicks in to overtime and really shows up. Marconis red is still quite small, the others are a bit larger.

Very nice rig you've got there Spec! And really good alignment too...

I've been combining my three lasers "on the fly" for a while now. It's not anywhere near perfect, but my cheap digital camera can't seem to tell the difference. (If you were actually looking at this with your eyes, you'd be able to pick out the three separate beams as they exit the Fijunon Trichro...)

The CD-R under the Argon is a shim... (Ghetto, I know. Give me a break - I haven't built an optical table yet.)

While it's not perfect, it's still close enough that I can get all three beams to pass through the aperature of either a small diffraction grating, or the inlet hole on my cheap lissajous box that I got from MWK years ago...

With the lights off and everything thoroughly fogged up (don't have a hazer yet) I can get some pretty cool effects out of a set of gratings. Check it out:

Still, at some point I'm going to need to mount all this stuff permanently, and that's going to take some serious work. Not sure yet if I'm going to continue working with wood or switch to metal. I like the idea of using metal (lot less flexible = better stability and alignment) but wood is so much easier to work with. Plus I'm a bit concerned about the cost of buying or building metal mounts for all the optical pieces I'll need.

What do you guys think? Can it be done in wood, or am I just buying myself trouble?

that is so cool

damn i want a blue even more now :?
    I love the pictures sweet setup !!
    (but you can try to have some smaller images on the forum) i only use 1024 resolution :roll:

what did you use to "explode" all colours at the end there ?