Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LivePro controller midi or touch screen

Smile

The Novation Remote Zero gives you a bunch of sliders and knobs that you can use to alter the image that LivePro projects. You can link those controls to just about any feature in the software. So instead of using the controls on the screen, you use the Remote Zero.

One of the coolest effects (in my opinion) is to alter the scan-rate with one of the vertical sliders. This changes the display from a bunch of smooth lines to a collection of staccato beams. Also, the sliders are great for fading effects in and out at will.

The knobs are useful for rotation effects. You can use them for absolute rotation (shift something 45 degrees, then shift it back), or for continuous rotation (in which case you adjust the speed). It takes some time to get adept at adjusting this on-the-fly while the music is playing, but you can do some very cool things with just a few controls.

You can also use the push-buttons for all kinds of things, including pop-in cues, page changes, cue selection, effect selection, black-out, tap-sync, rotation/position reset, and so on.

I've only scratched the surface of what is possible with a controller like this, and truthfully I'm not very good with LivePro yet, but I am learning. You need to spend a lot of time just playing with it to get a feel for how you use it to create a show. (Sort of like learning how to play an instrument...)

Adam

In that case...

I just bought one from Amazon. $189 with free shipping!

Someone should try to use the powerglove as a midi device or the austin power glove.
    I don't know if it might give funny results or handy uses

!Turn your volume down as it has some quite loud background noise!

We might be able to map gestures to keys.
    might be a worthless idea though ;p

And the wiimote can be done too but it's has no finger triggers unless you make some

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    and how do you control track brightness, master speed, key&fx speed, scanrate, rotation speed etc.

I'm using this at the moment, non of the buttons is used to assign a cue, because my mouse can do this better.

Attachment 21758
    Just out of interest, I notice the graphic for the top LCD still says "portamento (etc)". Does the software allow you to edit this so it shows what you want it to?

Yes, I used just a universal picture from the internet. in real live it shows the name you assigned to it, all sliders are touch sensitive, so as soon as you touch a button it will show you the correct text for these buttons.

I will have one of those keyboard up for sale in a few weeks.

I currently use a Motion Tablet LE1600 (about $250 on ebay) to control LivePro and LD2000 Basic. I am very happy with the cost/performance ratio but the novation midi does look very tempting
    Mario

www.r3dj.com

1.5W RGB unit from Marc at CT Lasers!
    400mW RGBv mod based on Chinese unit

Question

Is the 7-bit resolution of midi-desks noticeable ?
    I mean, if you map a fader to Z-rotation that's 360/127 ~ 3 degrees per step.

Or do modern desks have some kind of lsb+msb functionality ?

Anyone tried the Korg Nano Kontrol?
    Looks OK for 30 Squid
    As long as the knobs are rotary encoders?

http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=415

nanoKONTROL
    Controllers
    9 knobs
    9 sliders
    18 buttons
    Transport buttons: REW/PLAY/FF/LOOP/STOP/REC
    SCENE buttons (SCENE 1-4)

Lightbulb New Novation forum

Hi guys,
    I just got sent this update from Novation about their new forum.

http://news.novationmusic.com/HM?a=E...Vsje_Hhe-rYFJ_

It might be a handy resource for people using or considering using Novation midi controllers with their Pangolin software.

Maybe with a bit of co-operation From Novation and Pangolin along with some interest expressed by us users someone might post a tutorial on how to integrate the two pieces of hardware/software.

Only good things can come from these companies getting involved.

Kit

Thumbs up

I can't speak about other Novation products, but linking the Novation Remote Zero to LivePro couldn't have been any easier. It was literally plug-and-play.

To configure it, you open the config window in LivePro, select a feature (X rotation, Scan rate, master intensity, etc) and then move a slider or knob on the Remote Zero. Presto! That knob or slider is now linked to that feature. Nothing to it...

Adam